the refusal to imply any hope is impossible, hope leaks ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

the refusal to imply any hope is impossible, hope leaks ....

JLU Julian lines up Jean Toussaint

Julian Joseph interviews American saxophonist Jean Toussaint and previews his brand new album 'Tate Song'. Toussaint has performed with some of the biggest names in jazz including Art Blakey,
    McCoy Tyner, Gil Evans, Max Roach, Horace Silver and Mulgrew Miller. More recently he has collaborated with pianist Andrew McCormack, bassist Larry Bartley and drummer Troy Miller all of who feature on his latest recording 'Tate Song'.
    Geoffrey with full pbi takes a look at Mr Morton, joy for figs everywhere .... [nice to displaay one's ignorant prejudices innit?]

Jon3 revisits Mehliana at the 2013 London Jazz Festival

hey people, we have a full set of pre-broadcast information, great innit!

check out JRR today!

According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Many thanks Calum

I once spoke to Jean Toussaint. Poor Andy Sheppard couldn't get a word in edgeways!

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
      • Dec 2010

I once helped a breathless Andy Sheppard on to a leaving London train with his saxophone cases. He gave me 6d and a copy of the Bristol Evening Post. I pushed the cases out going thro Didcot.

BN.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by BLUESNIK'S REVOX View Post
        I once helped a breathless Andy Sheppard on to a leaving London train with his saxophone cases. He gave me 6d and a copy of the Bristol Evening Post. I pushed the cases out going thro Didcot.

BN.
        ah that's how it happened ....
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
          • Dec 2010

Beautiful cases...very soft reddish leather. One tenor and one sop. I thought of having a coat made from 'em.

BN.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BLUESNIK'S REVOX View Post
            Beautiful cases...very soft reddish leather. One tenor and one sop. I thought of having a coat made from 'em.

BN.
            That tenor of Andy's needed a good polish, I reckon.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
              • Dec 2010

Strange fashion in the 80s of taking the finish off Selmers to prove authenticity. As if.

BN.

"Ruining a good horn" L.Donaldson.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                Late member
                • Nov 2010

on the other hand the NYT is polishing the reputations of Giuffre and Dolphy

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                  Julian lines up Jean Toussaint
                  A Ginger Baker track titled "Ginger Spice"? That's a bit, er....., isn't it?

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

it is very er..... to my mind ... mind you the phrase 'my mind' is a touch oxymoronic in my case ... ahem

Comment

Working...
                    X