• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

got the hard drive/dvd/c90 set?

loadsa jass muisc on BBC4 tonight but especially this

azz Horns Gold blows its own trumpet (and saxophone and nose flute) with a cool array of BBC archive from the jazz vaults.
    Legends such as Dizzy Gillespie, Coleman Hawkins, Stan Getz and Rahsaan Roland Kirk play boldly alongside new stars who emerged in the 80s like Wynton Marsalis and the young jazz disciples of the 21st century such as Joshua Redman and Hypnotic Brass Ensemble. Not forgetting the Brits including Acker Bilk, John Dankworth, Courtney Pine and John Surman and the late, lamented Andy Hamilton. Archive sources include Jazz 625, the Late Show, Later with Jools Holland and Crackerjack.
    Blow man blow!
    whoopeee &c
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • BLUESNIK'S REVOX
    • Dec 2010

Too little Too late BBC Imperialists...

I have just discovered CITR jazz podcasts (Canada) available on Stitcher. Three hours of well informed program a week. Thus far (to me) Gene Ammons, Slide Hampton and Grant Green artist feature slots. Entire albums played without break.

My new home.

I may join the Mounties. (left faction)

BN.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Enjoyed the female vocalists earlier on - or some of them - Blossom Dearie from '72.

Comment

• Jazzrook
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by BLUESNIK'S REVOX View Post
        Too little Too late BBC Imperialists...

I have just discovered CITR jazz podcasts (Canada) available on Stitcher. Three hours of well informed program a week. Thus far (to me) Gene Ammons, Slide Hampton and Grant Green artist feature slots. Entire albums played without break.

My new home.

I may join the Mounties. (left faction)

BN.
        Discover your favorite Podcasts from a variety of categories including Daily News, Music, Business, True Crime, Comedy, Politics and more. Listen to Podcasts on Pandora.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
          • Dec 2010

Thatz the onez!

Bennie Green's "Soul Stirrin'" as the introo...

Bliss!

BN.

Comment

Working...
          X