Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

I must admit that I found the Akinmusire session rather baffling and lacking in any detectable sense of a core, as if the group were all the time working around the fringes of something important but impossible to recognise. Praps I was just not in listening mode.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      I must admit that I found the Akinmusire session rather baffling and lacking in any detectable sense of a core, as if the group were all the time working around the fringes of something important but impossible to recognise. Praps I was just not in listening mode.
      On listening back with a decent stream I tend now to agree with you. More of a suggestion of things that did not arrive and a certain weightless aimlessness. The work on Utube with his regular (very good) horn player is more effective. I do find this "playing in the corners" typical of some younger US players approach, trying to escape what they see as the norm. But then I am 137.

BN.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

i liked it once, forgive me i shall skip the twice; it was a good gig, reflective if not commanding .... more such please ....
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Working...
        X