X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    Yah Wobble's Deep Sense, with Evan Parker, Clive Bell, Steve Beresford, Mark Sanders and a bagpipes player called Jean-Pierre Raile, did this sort of thing much more successfully imv about 12 years ago, without the Ambient stuff but anchoring the sorts of free improvisation Polar Bear seem to be attempting in Jan's spongy dub bass figures and Sanders' ability to think up rhythmic patterns similar to those in drum 'n' bass but dissimilar in being constantly undergoing change.
    I enjoy the odd hour of drum and bass in the right circumstances....and the electronics in the first track sound very similar to sounds i used to make by putting a mic thro' a phaser then moving around in front of the p.a....
    bong ching

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

i used to do a turn with an empty waste paper bin [aluminium] and fag ends back in the day, roll thump roll thimp &c ..
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
        i used to do a turn with an empty waste paper bin [aluminium] and fag ends back in the day, roll thump roll thimp &c ..
        It is my belief that the aluminum kitchen sink basin with knives and forks in a plastic tub on the drainer is by far the best....really tight sound when damped and expansive when let free to resonate ....my Bristolian almost let me down there; came out my mind rezinate....
        bong ching

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
          • Dec 2010

It is a proven fact that you cant beat a bag of dried peas in a plastic Ampeg reel to reel tape box for the authentic 50's Bo Diddley sound. It was the sound that rocked South Wales in 1963...

BN.

As Bo said to me..."damn it's like being back in the Chess studio with Jerome!" Almost.
          Last edited by BLUESNIK'S REVOX; 18-04-14, 11:21.

Comment

Working...
          X