• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

New York New York ...

..it's a wonderful town if you like Jazz ... in the coming two weeks!

and two chaps chat about Vijay Iyer Mutations
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

nb Jez & Kev listen to that popcast .... we could stand a few like it here
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Paul Campbell
      • Nov 2010

Embarrassment of riches innit, Calum. Ive seen Geri Allen live (with Ravi C) and she is excellent. I would like to see John Zorn, too. I couldn't see the Vijay Iyer chat on my iPad, but I have been thinking about getting the album - have you heard it?

Comment

• charles t
        • Nov 2010

...a veritable potpouri of grooviness, Calum!

Your listing includes the (long-time) Canadian transplant - Michael Blake - a premier tenorist.

This example from (Canadian) Songlines Recordings release: In The Grand Scheme Of Things says it all...

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Paul Campbell View Post
          Embarrassment of riches innit, Calum. Ive seen Geri Allen live (with Ravi C) and she is excellent. I would like to see John Zorn, too. I couldn't see the Vijay Iyer chat on my iPad, but I have been thinking about getting the album - have you heard it?
          not yet but plan to

hi Chas that is one very tasty track!
          i shall be looking next month on my emusic scoop!
          later:
          ha thought so i have his tribute to Lucky Thompson in the database .... but still going for that album too, beautiful stuff Chas beautiful...

he is also on several Ben Allison albums ...
          Last edited by aka Calum Da Jazbo; 18-03-14, 16:55.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

a NY gig featuring Blake; a tremendous review

Comment

• Tenor Freak
              • Dec 2010

SF Jazz Collective, Maria Schneider, Gary Peacock are only a few of the highlights for me. Never heard (of) Michael Blake before...<thanks> for the tip Chas.

It's a good job I'm stuck on the right bank of the Pond because it'd cost me a bleedin' fortune to keep up with all that lot in live performances.
              all words are trains for moving past what really has no name

Comment

Working...
              X