X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post

Her idea was that we should "rejoice" when young Argentinian conscripts were murdered on the Belgrano (which ISN'T the same as saying that it was OK for their government to invade etc etc etc )
    Interesting, wasn't it, to lean that Mrs T was "shocked" when the Argentinians invaded the Falklands; after all, Galtieri was no different in kind to Pinochet.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
      • Nov 2010

Last edited by eighthobstruction; 11-04-13, 16:54. Reason: served purpose
      bong ching

Comment

• DublinJimbo
        • Nov 2011

Her passing inevitably brings to mind the dreadful legacy of herself and her buddy Reagan. It is difficult in this context to summon up normal feelings of regret for the passing of a human life.

What I'll remember most about today is the how-dare-they-ness of the BBC's cancelling Doctors to give wall-to-wall background coverage of the news.

Comment

• mercia
          • Nov 2010

"She will be sadly missed" - Tony Blair

Comment

• eighthobstruction
            • Nov 2010

Last edited by eighthobstruction; 11-04-13, 16:55. Reason: served purpose
            bong ching

Comment

• Mr Pee
              • Nov 2010

Go back under the bridge and you don't have to read it if you don't want to
              Why should we be expected to have respect for those who cause so much suffering in the world ?

Her idea was that we should "rejoice" when young Argentinian conscripts were murdered on the Belgrano
              Well, that is factually incorrect, not that facts have ever bothered you. "Rejoice" related to the re-capture of South Georgia at the start of the Falklands War. I am not going to get into a debate about military tactics during the conflict, but the fact is that if Argentina hadn't invaded the Falklands in the first place, the Belgrano would probably still be floating around today, and all the British and Argentine casualties would not have been necessary.

And you have one hell of a nerve to accuse me of trolling when you are the one posting vile invective about the death of an old woman who has only been deceased for a matter of hours.

Shame on you.
              Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Beef Oven

RIP Margaret. Possibly the last great Briton has died.

Comment

• alycidon
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                  We have become a corpse?

It enrages me that Thatcher still brings out the very worst in me, thirty-five years after she began her devastation of the people and the culture into which I was born. I feel nothing except regret that this didn't happen thirty-five years ago, which brings me down to her petty, vindictive level.
                  Couldn't agree more, ferneyhoughgeliebte - the main thrust, that is. For the sake of clarity, I'm not suggesting that you are either petty or vindictive.
                  Last edited by alycidon; 08-04-13, 14:38. Reason: slightly ambiguous
                  Money can't buy you happiness............but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery - Spike Milligan

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                    Well, that is factually incorrect, not that facts have ever bothered you. "Rejoice" related to the re-capture of South Georgia at the start of the Falklands War. I am not going to get into a debate about military tactics during the conflict, but the fact is that if Argentina hadn't invaded the Falklands in the first place, the Belgrano would probably still be floating around today, and all the British and Argentine casualties would not have been necessary.

And you have one hell of a nerve to accuse me of trolling when you are the one posting vile invective about the death of an old woman who has only been deceased for a matter of hours.

Shame on you.
                    Pee, save your breath. This thread is for those boarders that are genuinely spiteful, immature and inside, are very small people indeed. Disgraceful individuals.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                      • Nov 2010

Waste of time arguing with the sheep

Comment

• french frank
                        Administrator/Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Mrs Thatcher is now history. Her death changes nothing of the present. I want nothing more than that some quarters refrain from overpraising her. Otherwise silence...

But, as we have seen, whoever takes any notice of me? Nevertheless, that is my view.
                        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                          • Nov 2010

LOVE LOVE LOVE

bong ching

Comment

• Beef Oven

Waste of time arguing with the sheep

Grow up.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

Abschied dunklen Geist Feind des Lichts
                              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
                                Grow up.
                                Come off it
                                the spring is here
                                the snow has melted
                                and there is much to be happy about

Comment

Working...
                                X