Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
    Well said , couldn't have put it better myself
    Oh dear, GongGong - you are a card!
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Simon View Post
    Oh dear, GongGong - you are a card!
    No i'm not
    I'm a member of the illuminati common porpoise conspiracy, I live at the North Pole in a cave and come out in a flying saucer at night to force everyone to become homosexual, listen to hideous atonal music and give their mortal soul to our lords in Brussels

Comment

• Simon

Good post!

Comment

• Mr Pee
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
        No i'm not
        I'm a member of the illuminati common porpoise conspiracy, I live at the North Pole in a cave and come out in a flying saucer at night to force everyone to become homosexual, listen to hideous atonal music and give their mortal soul to our lords in Brussels
        I suspected as much. Thanks for confirming!
        Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• ahinton
          • Nov 2010

Might there be even the remotest hope of this returning to sanguine, rational intellectual discussion?...

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
            Might there be even the remotest hope of this returning to sanguine, rational intellectual discussion?...
            Use the Ignore list. It really makes sense. I've taken a look at a few threads that I've not visited for a while. Using the Ignore facility you soon realise that often there are two threads running in parallel. If you use Ignore judiciously then you filter out the 'noise' thread and then the real discussion is much easier to read and follow.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
              Use the Ignore list. It really makes sense.
              Sense like this?

I'm sure ahinton does not favour that at all

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Yes the ignore button is great if you only want to discuss things with people with identical views, or to perhaps help drive people off the board with a clear conscience, as happened to another , very well informed member very recently.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                  Sense like this?

Indeed

It makes no sense at all as it places far too much importance on the views of those who use it

Comment

• ahinton
                    • Nov 2010

Sense like this?

Does or indeed should anyone "favour" it in place of the kind of "sanguine, rational intellectual discussion" the risk of absence of which I bemoaned earlier?

Again, then - back to topic, anyone?...

Comment

• amateur51

Does or indeed should anyone "favour" it in place of the kind of "sanguine, rational intellectual discussion" the risk of absence of which I bemoaned earlier?
                      Precisely!

[we're not allowed to say 'spot on' by order of the management ]

Comment

• amateur51

Again, then - back to topic, anyone?...
                        With respect ahinton, I felt that french frank summed it all up rather well in the final paragraph of her post #82

Comment

• MrGongGong
                          • Nov 2010

With respect ahinton, I felt that french frank summed it all up rather well in the final paragraph of her post #82
                          indeed

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                            Yes the ignore button is great if you only want to discuss things with people with identical views, or to perhaps help drive people off the board with a clear conscience, as happened to another , very well informed member very recently.
                            Do you mean the very well informed member who appeared on the board the next day (with his/her very latest forum name) after officially announcing that other members would no longer enjoy the benefit of his/her contributions ... ?

Comment

• John Shelton

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
                              Do you mean the very well informed member who appeared on the board the next day (with his/her very latest forum name) after officially announcing that other members would no longer enjoy the benefit of his/her contributions ... ?
                              I agreed with ff that I would continue to contribute to the music threads but not to Platform 3, unless something as anodyne as football or cricket or a general topic to do with music or the arts were being discussed. I deliberately chose a user name which would be recognisable. At no stage this time did I leave the board, though I have once before.

I still have no intention of ever contributing to a 'political' discussion here, but since you insist on stalking me with what is quite palpable hatred I have what I think is a suitably non-political message for you.

Get lost.

Comment

Working...
                              X