X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PJPJ
    • Nov 2010

Having intimate knowledge of Southern Africa and many friends and a few relatives in most of those countries, a few of whom who have been held in prison by various regimes, and knowing what the Zimbabwean government's attitude to the BBC is, I imagine PT is more than a little concerned.

Very worrying for all involved.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Indeed, especially as PT can, if certain people so choose, be regarded as a spokesman for the BBC- an organization of which the Zimbabwean authorities disapprove most strongly. It really is a great shame that this thread kicked off with a message that ended with a line of laughs. I don't think the matter is remotely amusing in any respect.

Comment

• Anna

Look, maybe Petroc may have been an idiot. But this gloating over him in a prison is, quite frankly, sick. I'm sure he walked into it innocently, not knowing he needed a work permit. So, close the thread, it's not fair to him is it? It also reflects very badly on this MB that some are so keen to crow over a presenter's misfortune.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          Look, maybe Petroc may have been an idiot. But this gloating over him in a prison is, quite frankly, sick. I'm sure he walked into it innocently, not knowing he needed a work permit. So, close the thread, it's not fair to him is it? It also reflects very badly on this MB that some are so keen to crow over a presenter's misfortune.
          I'm hoping that certain people might see fit to consider their position. I don't know whether you remember a particularly unpleasant former Forum member who posted a series of unconscionably personal attacks on the late Richard Hickox. This thread is dangerously close to matching it for distastefulness. YES, CLOSE THE THREAD!!!!
          (By the way ... just what are the qualities that make somebody fit to be a Host?)

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
            Lest we forget.... This is the tasteful message that started the whole thing off.

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

Don't close it until I have a chance to say get back soon Petroc. To think I helped raise funds to buy a Land Rover for ZANLA, back when they were fighting Smith, (it got bombed by Smith's air force within days of delivery to Mozambique).

Comment

• Flosshilde
                • Nov 2010

well you may not like me for it or not like the post or both

it is in his case and clearly mine a self inflicted misfortune

i have to say i do not regard his misfortune as in the least serious ... merely inconvenient
                This is not an explanation of why you thought the 'inconvenience' worth

Comment

• Extended Play

Out of courtesy to Mr Trelawny, would it be possible, please, to correct the spelling of his surname on the title of this thread and of the one running concurrently on another board?

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

This Guardian report looks both encouraging in terms of the ministers concern and, regarding Petroc's dislocated shoulder, somewhat worrying at the same time.

Comment

• doversoul1
                      Ex Member
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                      This Guardian report looks both encouraging in terms of the ministers concern and, regarding Petroc's dislocated shoulder, somewhat worrying at the same time.
                      Radio 3 presenter hurt in fall at police station after detention by immigration officials at the end of a children's concert

plus

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                        • Jan 2011

Typical Grauniad:

But Trelawny, who is in his 40s and presents the classical magazine programme Music Matters, Radio 3's evening topical drive-time show In Tune [my italics] and Radio 3 Live in Concert, is said to be in "good spirits".

OG

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

Oops! Sorry, I forgot to post the Guardian link.

Comment

Working...
                          X