X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muzzer
    • Nov 2013

Cummings is a proper nutter. An ideologue with the ear of the executive. Remember, he’s not interested in Brexit or BJ, his target is the process of government, and the civil service. That is in no-one’s interests, left, right, or down the he middle old school like me. I wear linen shirts with pleasure, but wouldn’t have ever to the office. In such details resides the mischief. I’m strictly persuasion not oppression but if he were my neighbour, well, his environs would have been comprehensively rearranged by now. Country before ***t.

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

His machinations could genuinely divide govt, bully BJ into silliness, and lose the Tories the next election, so 'psychopathically fixated' is he - as David Cameron suggested.

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
        His machinations could genuinely divide govt, bully BJ into silliness, and lose the Tories the next election, so 'psychopathically fixated' is he - as David Cameron suggested.
        Let's not get carried away with this. Cummings is a lieutenant, or more like Captain Johnson's batman (and not the one with the cave and batty silhouette). The Mesopotamian* thug is using Cummings, not the other way round.

* a reference to an Eton cricket pitch bounded by three watercourses (two streams and the Thames).

Comment

• muzzer
          • Nov 2013

I disagree. Johnson is an opportunist but also a craven politician who needs to stay in office. Cummings has no such judge. Take it from me, he’s nuts. It’s a co dependency of lunacy. I hate the expression, but it’s a perfect storm. Anything could happen. And I don’t mean to sound unduly alarmist.

Comment

• ahinton
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by muzzer View Post
            I disagree. Johnson is an opportunist but also a craven politician who needs to stay in office. Cummings has no such judge. Take it from me, he’s nuts. It’s a co dependency of lunacy. I hate the expression, but it’s a perfect storm. Anything could happen. And I don’t mean to sound unduly alarmist.
            OK, but what this leads to is a continuation of the hung Parliament that we already have, only more so, in that I don't see any party either winning a GE or indeed any two or even three parties being able to agree to form a coalition in order to enable government. If this is that best that UK can do, then perhaps that will be just as well - a country not only without government but also without the means to create and operate one.
            Last edited by ahinton; 31-08-19, 06:12.

Comment

• DracoM
              Host
              • Mar 2007

Agree: this guy is not a servant, he is an operator. He sees that BJ thinks / is thought to have popular appeal, he himself is the Leaver of all Leavers, and he can see how to manipulate, bully, manoeuvre opportunists, and is ruthless in that procedure. Government is seriously demeaned by such an unelected presence whose only serious loyalty is to the creed.

Remember the May's 'back office' and the damage they did? THiS guy makes them look like Noddy and Big Ears.

Comment

• muzzer
                • Nov 2013

I think that Johnson will bring back the withdrawal agreement with a tweak or two he blames on the EU, and scare soft Brexit MPs into passing it. Or he calls a GE on a harder Brexit platform, to stave off Farage, and gets a large majority. Either of which fill me with horror tbh. But I think that’s where we are. If we, the broadly liberal, in the oldest and best sense of the word, wanted anything else we’d have bl**dy well got off our ar**s sooner to stop it. And if “we” can’t do that, I’ll be looking for somewhere else to spend the rest of my life tbh, as this country will change for the very worst.

Comment

• Demetrius
                  • Sep 2011

and gets a large majority
                  It's possible, even if the Conservatives only get the ca 33 % shown in the current polls, depending on how the rest of the parties split the vote. It may be time to rethink that electoral system slightly.

Comment

• Beresford
                    • Apr 2012

Right,. well that's your careful take on it al, but now tell me what Dominic Cummings is going to do? He's in essence the PM.
                    Apart from bullying and hectoring and being an invisible Rasputin?
                    I think the plan, if there is one (#165) is Dominic Raab's, executed by Cummings, fronted by BJ. Probably no-one else knows the whole story.
                    Can't see Cummings retiring to his wife's Northumbrian castle, but a memoir must be on the cards. Or restructuring of the Civil Service.
                    As a Liberal, I wouldn't trust any of them.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beresford View Post
                      I think the plan, if there is one (#165) is Dominic Raab's, executed by Cummings, fronted by BJ. Probably no-one else knows the whole story.
                      Can't see Cummings retiring to his wife's Northumbrian castle, but a memoir must be on the cards. Or restructuring of the Civil Service.
                      As a Liberal, I wouldn't trust any of them.

Fair comment.
                      Mind you, as a liberal, I wouldn’t trust the Liberals.
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• CGR
                        • Aug 2016

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                        [/B]

Fair comment.
                        Mind you, as a liberal, I wouldn’t trust the Liberals.

Yep. The Liberal Democrats aren't very liberal, in the classical Gladstonian sense of liberalism.

Comment

• CGR
                          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                          Let's not get carried away with this. Cummings is a lieutenant, or more like Captain Johnson's batman (and not the one with the cave and batty silhouette). The Mesopotamian* thug is using Cummings, not the other way round.

* a reference to an Eton cricket pitch bounded by three watercourses (two streams and the Thames).
                          Cummings is doing the same job for Boris as Alistair Campbell did for Blair. Remember the "Dodgy Dossier" and the Iraq war !

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                            • Nov 2010

Remember the May's 'back office' and the damage they did? THiS guy makes them look like Noddy and Big Ears.

....Faust and Mephistopheles sitting around the table planning....carving up ....a tastey supper....

bong ching

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by CGR View Post
                              Cummings is doing the same job for Boris as Alistair Campbell did for Blair. Remember the "Dodgy Dossier" and the Iraq war !
                              ....I'm not condoning the man/men/dodgeyness....but at least he/they came out to speak and take flak....
                              bong ching

Comment

• DracoM
                                Host
                                • Mar 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X