• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Morton Feldman:

In a series of tweets @bunitamuse and an extended interview published in Italy, Bunita Marcus, the American composer and pianist, accuses the late Morton Feldman, with whom she had a long term tutorial and intimate relationship, of plagiarism of her work, and of sexually abusing her during that long term relationship. What is one to make of these accusations?

A rough translation is available if the link activated in the Chrome browser.
  • Richard Barrett

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    What is one to make of these accusations?
    I feel one is to mind one's own business and let Bunita's friends help her through what is obviously a very difficult time not made any easier by all the rumours flying around.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
      I feel one is to mind one's own business and let Bunita's friends help her through what is obviously a very difficult time not made any easier by all the rumours flying around.
      That would be a reasonable response were Bunita herself not to be source of such rumours, in print and via Twitter, etc.

Feldman, of course, is not able to put his side of the story forward, whether in defence or contrition.

Comment

• Richard Barrett

Of course I'm bearing all those things in mind and as a result I really don't think it's a fit subject for discussion given the current state of (my) knowledge on the subject. Clearly Bunita is highly disturbed. I wouldn't want to speculate any further.

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
          Of course I'm bearing all those things in mind and as a result I really don't think it's a fit subject for discussion given the current state of (my) knowledge on the subject. Clearly Bunita is highly disturbed. I wouldn't want to speculate any further.
          One reason, having been alerted to the issue by a thread on anther site, I raised it here, rather than on the main public FoR3 sponsored boards. Since stormin' Norman has picked up on the Italian interview and given it his fillip, it is unlikely to go undiscussed.

Comment

• hedgehog

Bryn, this is a new article in a long and very sad history, a tragedy for a lovely and talented composer. This has been publicised for a number of years now in various media. I do hope Bunita has close friends who are helping her.

I really think that that is all that can or should be said at this point.
            Last edited by Guest; 10-12-14, 22:12.

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

I would be entirely happy for this thread to be closed, and indeed removed. I would simply add that Bunita's most recent tweets do put things into a slightly different perspective.

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

In the circs, I propose removing the thread entirely.
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
                X