• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Enjoy your stay at Her Majesty's Pleasure

At a time when the LibDems and Labour Party are struggling to explain their associations with paedophiles and alleged paedophiles, the Conservatives have this to ponder on!

If it turns out that this nice politician is guilty as charged, I think that he will enjoy his little holiday at Lizzy's Lodge!

I don't think that it's right that criminals get to mete-out 'justice' to other criminals, no matter how vile they are, but his alleged victims will have the satisfaction, if the charges are substantiated, of thinking about what will be going through this alleged vile criminal's mind as he bites onto that prison blanket for dear life!!!

A former Conservative councillor tells a court he saw a man "thrashing around" trying to free himself from MP Nigel Evans on a night out in Blackpool.
  • ahinton
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
    his little holiday at Lizzy's Lodge!
    Or "Butliz", as it is colloquially known...

Comment

• amateur51

What a deeply unpleasant thread, and verging on contempt of court I should imagine.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        What a deeply unpleasant thread, and verging on contempt of court I should imagine.
        Use of the description "alleged" does not, contrary to common belief, I understand, automatically exonerate its user of such a charge, ams.

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

I'm closing it and shall 'disappear' it. Not because it relates to the Lib Dems (indirectly) and the Conservatives, but because, as amateur says, it is deeply unpleasant, and quite pointless. Or rather, its 'point' is to 'score points' and this is no more an appropriate subject for discussion than to air Ms Sinclaire's accusations against another well-known politician.

I believe, S_A, you are correct in saying that use of the word alleged(ly) does not necessarily cover you against contempt of court. But I'm closing it because to make sly comments about politicians whose party politics you disagree with is nasty. In my view.
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
          X