X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quarky
    • Dec 2010

Birtwistle Fantasia on all the Notes

Interested to hear this on Hear and Now last night ( I had a ticket for the concert, but could not attend).

Assume it was a serial composition, but I wouldn't know unless you told me. It did however remind me at times of Agon - whether it is intended as dance?

But overall, I enjoyed it as a very mellow composition. I often find Harrison's vocal works very trying, unless I am in the mood.
  • rubbernecker

Originally posted by Oddball View Post
    Interested to hear this on Hear and Now last night ( I had a ticket for the concert, but could not attend).

Assume it was a serial composition, but I wouldn't know unless you told me. It did however remind me at times of Agon - whether it is intended as dance?

But overall, I enjoyed it as a very mellow composition. I often find Harrison's vocal works very trying, unless I am in the mood.
    Yes, those sinewy woodwind textures... It was great. The whole concert was fascinating, with the first of the three 20x12 Olymic commissions. Mrs R and I listened to the whole thing in the car, tapping along on the dashboard to the infectious rhythms of the Anna Meredith!

Comment

Working...
    X