• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

London Contemporary Music Festival, 2019; Sat 8/2/20, 10:00pm

Yup - as none of the New Generation Artists seem interested in New Generation Composers, there is no New Music Show on 1st Feb, so the next programme is the following week.

Works that seem (the Beeb Website is coy, and the LCMF website has decided that a simple list of events is far too conventional and old-fashioned, so instead provides anyone interested with an exciting labyrinth of names that you have to click on to find the concerts they're involved in ... where was I? Oh, yes ... ) works that seem to have been performed at the On Rites and Reenchantment concert given on 11th December at the University of Westminster.

La Monte Young(b1935): Poem for Tables, Chairs, Benches, etc, performed by members from An Assembly / Musarc
    Heleen van Haegenborgh(b1980): Material Affordance; An Assembly / Musarc
    Alwynne Pritchard(b1968): Heart of Glass (world premiere); Zubin Kanga (piano)
    Cerith Wyn Evans(b1958): .... )( (world premiere); performed by the composer with Steve Farrer and Pascale Berthier
    plus an Improvisation given in the concert by duo O YAMA O

And excerpts from recordings by 'cellist Charles Curtis; Robert Worby interviews composer Hanna Hartmann(b1961); and what the street of Khartoum sounds like at this time of night.

Tom Service tells us how wonderful we're finding it all.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]
Working...
X