• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Saunders and Others; NMS, Sat 11/1/20, 10:00pm

Rebecca Saunders(b1967)'s Molly's Song 3 - Shades of Crimson heads this week's programme - a work that has become something of a "classic" since its premiere over 22 years ago. The performers here include R3 presenter Tom McKinney in his alter ego as a guitarist ... he's joined by members of the Birmingham Contemporary Music Group, Christopher Yates (viola) and Marie-Christine Zupancic (flute).

Also on the programme, presented by Kate "Whispering" Molleson:

Andrew Toovey(b1962): Music for the painter Jack Smith for solo Violin & viola (Ed Pether & Nathaniel Gubler)and Ensemble [Renate Sokolovska (flute), Mana Shibata (oboe), Stanley Kaye-Smith (bassoon), Iris van den Bos (percussion), Laura Farre Rozada (piano), Boglarka György (violin), James Heathcote (cello); conducted by Michael Coleby]

Annea Lockwood(b1939): Piano Burning; Clipping Ensemble

Georg Friedrich Haas(b1953): Hommage à Bridget Riley; London Sinfonietta/Brad Lubman (the London premiere, given in the Queen Elizabeth Hall on 5th December, a week after its UK premiere at the Huddersfield Festival)

And three tracks from the CD collaboration between Norwegian band MoE (guitarists Guro Skumsness Moe, Havard Skaset, & drummer Joakim Heibo) and Percussion Trio Pinquins (Sigrun Rogstad Gomnæs, Johanne Byhring & Ane Marthe Sørlien Holen): Good night; The dream (taken from page 127 “The moment of freedom”); Before the Cock Crows

Plus a profile of New York/Chinese/International composer/performer Du Yun (b 1977).

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Very odd to see one of Annea Lockwood's burning piano pieces is to be played by an ensemble, ostensibly. Could be a crackling performance - I can't wait!!!

Comment

Working...
    X