• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

More from New Music Biennial 2019; NMS, Sat 13/7/19; 10:00pm

Kate Molleson introduces more works (or excerpts therefrom) performed last weekend at the PRS New Music Biennale at the Southbank Centre (and to be repeated this coming weekend at "various venues" in Hull.

Sam Eastmond's Brit-ish Suite, composed for his big band, the Spike Orchestra, seeks to explore aspects of what it is to be Jewish in contemporary British culture (although the NMS website suggests that we're only going to hear the first Movement, The Pink Shagpile Carpet Song [AKA The King Of Spank])

An excerpt from thrice Ivor Novello-awarded composer Dan Jones' Music for 7 Ice Cream Vans

Jessica Curry(b1973)'s She Who, performed by the National Youth Choirs of Great Britain

Duo Numb Mob (electronic Music composer, Liam van Ryn & video artist Joseph Bird) perform their Where to Build In Stone, an audio-visual project exploring the city of Hull over the course of a single day.

Rolf Hind(b1964)'s Tiger's Nest for gamelan, 2 prepared pianos & percussion, is played by various soloists (including the composer) with the Southbank Gamelin Players.

David Fennessy(b1976)'s Panopticon performed by Psappha.

All, if I've understood the website correctly, World Premieres, especially commissioned for the Festival.

Kate Molleson presents music from the New Music Biennial at London's South Bank Centre.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]
Working...
X