• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Saunders and Others; NMS, Sat 13/4/19, 10:00pm

Another "itsy-bitsy" programme, stitched together from various events, and presented by Tom Service.

Heading the programme is a couple of works performed by Ensemble Modern: Rebecca Saunders(b1967)'s A Visible Trace (or, possibly, Visible Traces, depending on which line of the Beeb website blurb you read) and Anahita Abbasi(b1985 - and not "Abassi" as on the website)'s Situation II: Dialogue.

There's a performance of Deidre Gribbin(b1967)'s "gripping and piano concerto (according to the website) The Binding of the Years (revised) with Finghin Collins (piano) and the Ulster Orchestra (no conductor mentioned on the website).

And Apartment House perform Luc Ferrari(1929-2005)'s Cellule 75: Force du rythme, et cadence force composed in 1975.

Plus Deidre McKay (b1972) talks about her favourite spoon, and we get to hear what it sounds like in Portugal (??? all of it???) at this time of night.

A new show featuring the best new music in live performance, plus interviews and features.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Thanks ferney.

Just to add that according to Radio Times the opener is actually Mischa Mullova-Abbado's The Linden Tree, performed by Hermes Experiment, about whom we shall doubtlessly be informed.

Mischa is known as a jazz-based bassist who has been featured on Radio 3 jazz programmes of late, so, not to worry, as I have mentioned this on my weekly announcement on the Jazz Board - just something to... mull over.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

- that explains why I didn't win this week's "How many errors can you spot on this website?" competition.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
      X