• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Donaueschingen 2016, Episode 2; H&N 21/1/17; 10:00pm

A further selection from last year's Donaueschingen Festival, and more Music by G F Haas (b1953), his Trombone Concerto, played by Mike Svoboda
    with the SWR Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Alejo PĂ©rez.

Tom Service also presents works by Franck Bedrossian (b1971): Perez and the SWRSO play his Twist; ensemble recherche play The Greatest Hits of the '60s & '70s by Peter Ablinger (b1959), and a yell with misprints by Martin Smolka (b1959). Completing the programme is Bernhard Gander (b1969)'s Cold cadaver with thirteen scary scars, played by Steam Boat Switzerland (Dominik Blum - keyboards; Marino Pliakas - guitars; Lucas Niggli - drums, percussion) and Klangforum Wien, conducted by Titus Engel.

World premieres by Franck Bedrossian, Peter Ablinger, Bernhard Gander and Martin Smolka.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Thanks Ferney - with those unknowns (one excepted - Ricky Tomlinson: "My Hass") and quirky titles, I'll definitely be giving this a listen.

Comment

• Richard Barrett
      • Jan 2016

Peter Ablinger is IMO one of the most fascinating composers of his (my) generation. Or is he a sound artist? Perhaps we'll never know.

Comment

• ahinton
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
        Peter Ablinger is IMO one of the most fascinating composers of his (my) generation. Or is he a sound artist? Perhaps we'll never know.
        ...unless a member who does know - Tetrachord, for example - enlightens us, perhaps...

Comment

• ahinton
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
          ...unless a member who does know - Tetrachord, for example - enlightens us, perhaps...

Comment

Working...
          X