• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Explore Ensemble; H&N, Sat 8/10/16; 10:00pm

An oily Three-in-one programme tonight:

A concert of works by Enno POPPE (b 1969), Morton FELDMAN (1926 - 87) , Gerard GRISEY (1946 - 98), and Fausto ROMITELLI (1963 - 2004) played by the Explore Ensemble.

A "What We Don't Dare talk about on Record Review" review of New Music New Releases, discussed by Robert Worby in conversation with Matthew Kaner ("Radio 3's Embedded Composer in 3"! Wow!)

Laurence Crane and Hakon Stene express their appreciation of each other's work.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    An oily Three-in-one programme tonight:

A concert of works by Enno POPPE (b 1969), Morton FELDMAN (1926 - 87) , Gerard GRISEY (1946 - 98), and Fausto ROMITELLI (1963 - 2004) played by the Explore Ensemble.

A "What We Don't Dare talk about on Record Review" review of New Music New Releases, discussed by Robert Worby in conversation with Matthew Kaner ("Radio 3's Embedded Composer in 3"! Wow!)

Laurence Crane and Hakon Stene express their appreciation of each other's work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07y9nlx
    Then I await evidence of Hakon Stene's work in great anticipation...

Comment

• Richard Barrett
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      Embedded Composer
      So that's what you have to do these days to get a broadcast performance...

I see one of the recordings being reviewed is of music by (the misspelled) Peter Adriaansz, my colleague in The Hague. His music is very individual and interesting I think.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        Then I await evidence of Hakon Stene's work in great anticipation...
        My pleasure, S_A

Håkon Stene, solo perkusjon, spiller Brian Ferneyhough: Bone Alphabet(1991) på Ny Musikks lunsjkonsert 06.11.09
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
        X