• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Peter Maxwell Davies; H&N, Sat, 17/9/16; 10:15pm

Tom Service pays tribute to Peter Maxwell Davies with Sally Beamish and Alasdair Nicolson.

Again, bananas programming, I think - and a waste of the limited H&N timeslot (notice that this is another foreshortened programme). This should be on the main schedules and even celebrated as part of a "Max Day" or something. I don't doubt that it will be a fascinating and moving programme - but it should be given a more appropriate "profile" in the schedules.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Slightly ironic that a programme called Hear/Here and Now should be broadcasting There and Then. But compared with the previous station strategy which consisted of moving anything remotely contemporary AWAY from the mainstream/popular schedule, it will need a gradual shifting back on two fronts. There are signs that there are efforts to achieve the change to mainstream programmes: Oliver Knussen (to be CotW) is at least still alive.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      Slightly ironic that a programme called Hear/Here and Now should be broadcasting There and Then. But compared with the previous station strategy which consisted of moving anything remotely contemporary AWAY from the mainstream/popular schedule, it will need a gradual shifting back on two fronts. There are signs that there are efforts to achieve the change to mainstream programmes: Oliver Knussen (to be CotW) is at least still alive.
      This is indeed promising news.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
        This is indeed promising news.
        Given that it has a tangential connection with H&N , it's a live celebration of R3's 70th anniversary:

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
        X