• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

If ye love me - Tavener - world premiere

On Hear and Now this piece for an amateur multi-faith choir of womwn's voices (plus strings from BBC PO) appears at about 1hr16mins in:

Music by John Tavener, presented by Tom Service in conversation with composer Judith Weir.

It was first played at the 2013 Manchester International Festival.

(Throughout the whole programme, Judith Weir was discussing JT's work with Tom Service.)
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

Erm...........or rather Tom Service was both asking and answering the questions, repeating himself, always wanting the last word. He is a truly lousy interviewer.

Comment

• Stanley Stewart
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

I've just been catching -up with my hard disk recordings and thought it worth mentioning the TV tribute, "Sir John Tavener Remembered", BBC 4, 19.00-20.00 hrs, New Year's Eve. On this occasion, Tom Service was tracing the composer's "spiritual odyssey" over more than 40 years and this includes some memorable archive footage. Should be available on iPlayer for a few more days.

Off-thread. The programme was followed by a screening of the delicious "Kind Hearts & Coronets (1949) in a pristine monochrome print of a quality seldom seen in cinemas. Both features now on DVD, of course. A treat!
      Last edited by Stanley Stewart; 05-01-14, 17:04. Reason: Tripping over myself, stone sober, too

Comment

• Magnificat

Originally posted by Stanley Stewart View Post
        I've just been catching -up with my hard disk recordings and thought it worth mentioning the TV tribute, "Sir John Tavener Remembered", BBC 4, 19.00-20.00 hrs, New Year's Eve. On this occasion, Tom Service was tracing the composer's "spiritual odyssey" over more than 40 years and this includes some memorable archive footage. Should be available on iPlayer for a few more days.

Off-thread. The programme was followed by a screening of the delicious "Kind Hearts & Coronets (1949) in a pristine monochrome print of a quality seldom seen in cinemas. Both features now on DVD, of course. A treat!
        SS

Watched both of them.

VCC.

Comment

Working...
        X