Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by french frank View Post
    Yes, has to be a woman. The DG has made a comment about 'too few women on BBC breakfast shows'. It's the poison chalice, but as CB-H is already drinking from it ...

But rumour has it she's considering a move to Radio 1 to share with Nick Grimshaw .........
    Goody - may we have Catherine B back please?

Ms Klein has joined up with Rev. Richard Cole for Saturday Live on Radio 4, it appears.

Comment

• MickyD
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
      My bad: of course it's CB-H to take on the weekday Breakfast slot. More opportunities for Adam and Simon Hoban to make the weekend Breakfast slot their own when Martin Handley is away/can't face a weekend in Salford (delete as appropriate).
      My bad what, exactly?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        [/B]

as it's " lets pick people up on minor blips week, " here in the FOR3 forum Multiverse...........!!
        - ah, but in the parallel universe that is the Forum, parentheses are like the Windmill Theatre - they never clothe.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
          - ah, but in the parallel universe that is the Forum, parentheses are like the Windmill Theatre - they never clothe.
          Well I'll be [van] Dam-ed!

Comment

• Quarky
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
            It was announced on R3 this morning...by Sarah herself...that she will be quitting Breakfast and becoming the permanent presenter of The Choir.
            Congrats Sara. Haven't heard her on Hear and Now recently, and I thought her talents were wasted on Breakfast Show.

The Choir does frequently venture into more modern territory, and hopefully we can look forward to even more of that.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
              Gone fishin'
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Oddball View Post
              Congrats Sara. Haven't heard her on Hear and Now recently, and I thought her talents were wasted on Breakfast Show.

The Choir does frequently venture into more modern territory, and hopefully we can look forward to even more of that.
              I refer my learnéd friend to my previous answer.

Comment

• Quarky
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                :
                I refer my learnéd friend to my previous answer.
                Sorry, ferney, I really ought to take the trouble to read threads before posting. You have said it all really.

Comment

• Zucchini
                  • Nov 2010

Since her broadcasting hours will be reduced by 88% won't the BBC will have to offer a substantial payrise or lump sum to show they love her?

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

er ratings? graun coverage is all about CB-H
                    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                      Gone fishin'
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Oddball View Post
                      Sorry, ferney, I really ought to take the trouble to read threads before posting. You have said it all really.
                      Oh, no, Oddy - I only meant that I felt that the response I gave to your first sentence of #20 fitted equally appropriately to the second.

Comment

• Sir Velo
                        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
                        My bad what, exactly?

An Americanism I seem to have picked up. Much as I loathe it, I can't help myself.

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post

I don't think it will make much difference. I dipped in a few days ago and assumed it was SM-P until she signed off with 'This is CB-H'. They both have the same peculiar vowel pronunciation, in which 'listening to' becomes 'listening tee'.

Comment

• french frank
                            Administrator/Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                            I suspect it's 'all about' CB-H because she has an agent, or is better at the PR than SMP (she's tweeting and retweeting the news already). Her mother is a literary agent.

SMP does deserve better ...
                            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• french frank
                              Administrator/Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zucchini View Post
                              Since her broadcasting hours will be reduced by 88% won't the BBC will have to offer a substantial payrise or lump sum to show they love her?
                              According to the Trust's paper 'The efficiency of radio production at the BBC' Radio 3's breakfast programme was the cheapest of the all the (BBC) music stations - not just Radios 1 & 2 but cheaper than 1Xtra and 6Music too, especially on presenter and staff costs. So The Choir and Hear & Now may pay better anyway. They should do. She's also going to 'lead Radio 3’s live from Wigmore Hall lunchtime concerts'.
                              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• mangerton
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                                I don't think it will make much difference. I dipped in a few days ago and assumed it was SM-P until she signed off with 'This is CB-H'. They both have the same peculiar vowel pronunciation, in which 'listening to' becomes 'listening tee'.
                                Where does that come from? Wherever, it seems to be more and more frequent. On Radio 4 there's a woman who does the weather and keeps talking about "the afterneen".

Comment

Working...
                                X