• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jean
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

In Our Time on the Book of Common Prayer

With a special mention for the glories of Choral Evensong.
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Yes, I heard it...a great programme. In fact all the In our Times ever broadcast are available to listen to in a vast archive on the i-player; in other words they don't disappear after 7 days. When I'm fed up with music (!) I often select one at bed-time and hope not to doze off before the end. Melvyn has a great knack in eliciting just the right amount of detail from his learned guests and for keeping the conversation on track. It's interesting to note that the fashion for beginning every answer with "So...." was not evident in the early ones. But on the whole, the discussions are wonderfully jargon-free.

Now then BBC, how about a choral evensong archive?

Comment

• Vox Humana
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
      Now then BBC, how about a choral evensong archive?
      Wouldn't that be wonderful? I don't know whether there would be royalty implications... There was once a website containing (probably illicitly) several years' worth of R3 Choral Evensongs, but it disappeared some time ago now.

Comment

• Wolsey
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Vox Humana View Post
        There was once a website containing (probably illicitly) several years' worth of R3 Choral Evensongs, but it disappeared some time ago now.
        I don't believe so; I've found it here.

Comment

• Vox Humana
          • Dec 2012

Thank you so much, my Lord Cardinal. That's my evening sorted then.

Comment

• mopsus
            • Nov 2010

Sadly, it seems to have become a bit sporadic - apart from a couple of broadcasts during the summer, none have been added since March this year.

Comment

Working...
            X