X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wolsey
    • Nov 2010

Classic FM - Coronation Celebration

Many will be unaware of a concert of coronation music sung by the choirs of four royal peculiars at St George's Chapel, Windsor on 25 September which was recorded by Classic FM and broadcast on Friday 4 October. It will be on Classic FM's radio player for a few days more.
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Wolsey View Post
    Many will be unaware of a concert of coronation music sung by the choirs of four royal peculiars at St George's Chapel, Windsor on 25 September which was recorded by Classic FM and broadcast on Friday 4 October. It will be on Classic FM's radio player for a few days more.
    Well, I was going to thank you for this, but then I started to listen. What horrendous dynamic compression! The level is up and down all over the place. Sorry, it's just too painful on the ears.

[Not exactly helped by their Listen Again service being AAC 48kbps (ABR 48kbps) 22kHz sample rate stereo. That's even worse than the lowest on offer from the Beeb, which at least has the sense to devote a similarly meager data rate to mono.]
    Last edited by Bryn; 08-10-13, 20:12. Reason: Update.

Comment

• Simon Biazeck

An interesting programme of not entirely unfamiliar rep. For me, Hampton Court Palace Chapel Choir gave some of the most interesting and committed singing. WHY have they not (in my recollection) ever had a Choral Evensong broadcast? It seems they don't do weekday services...

Comment

Working...
      X