X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

St Mary's Nottingham is one of the very finest 'uncapped' foundations in the Midlands. I'm always surprised that they never seem to be asked to sing CE on R3.

Comment

• Op. XXXIX
      • Nov 2010

A pleasure to listen to this service again, particularly Psalm 23.

Prior to the second lesson, I grabbed my KJV Bible and followed along. (A better translation... IMO.)

Comment

• Belphil

Originally posted by Philip View Post
        I do know from Facebook that a number of choral scholars from St Mary's, Nottingham were involved (including one standing on her watch!), so they are certainly student age, but I'm not sure if that is the norm. I did try the CWSS website yesterday, but it brought me a load of coding!
        The majority of ATB are choral scholars or potential ones. Seven from across the water and eleven local. Of the top line sixteen were local and two from the mainland. Splendid service which was to be expected. Much as I admire the excellent singing from Armagh Edington Buckfast etc I do think as a previous correspondent has hinted, perhaps some of our good Parish Choirs, often resident in a Cathedral for a week, might be given the opportunity to broadcast.

Comment

• Op. XXXIX
          • Nov 2010

Hello Belphil. I remember you from the old board. Welcome!

Comment

• Belphil

Originally posted by Op. XXXIX View Post
            Hello Belphil. I remember you from the old board. Welcome!
            Thanks so much, lost touch with you all through illness, new kidney etc. Good to see familiar names.

Comment

• DracoM
              Host
              • Mar 2007

Indeed.

Comment

• Magnificat

Originally posted by Belphil View Post
                Thanks so much, lost touch with you all through illness, new kidney etc. Good to see familiar names.
                Hello Belphil,

Good to hear from you and I hope everything is progressing satisfactorily.

Kind regards,

VCC

Comment

Working...
                X