• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Membra Jesu Nostri - Buxtehude

Remembering the interest shown about the above following Magdalen College's CE broadcast, Doversoul has pointed out:

Through the Night Saturday 30
    1:01 AM
    Buxtehude, Dietrich (1637-1707)
    Membra Jesu nostri - 7 passion cantatas BuxWV.75
    Barbara Schlick (soprano), Monika Frimmer (soprano), Michael Chance (alto), Christophe Prégardien (tenor), Peter Kooy (bass), Hannover Knabenchor, The Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra, Ton Koopman (conductor)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01rfzz7

This should be good for late (or early) birds or those keeping an Easter vigil! Bad luck that it coincides with losing an hour.
    (I personally shall be kipping on a cold, unheated boat that night, so may well be glad of the chance to have a listen down the far end of two sleeping bags.)

TMI ?
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

Thanks for advance notice.

Sailing..........this Saturday? Will that involve fighting off the polar bears to get to the mooring?
    Ooop north, we are in the grip of searing, relentless easterlies with a wind chill factor that keeps depressing any putative air temp. Lucky you.

Comment

• decantor
      • Dec 2010

After a fairly long wait, the Buxtehude 'Membra' cantatas, like the proverbial London buses, are arriving in threes. All seven 'Membra' feature on a CD recently issued by Herald, sung by the choir of Ealing Abbey ---

Comment

• MickyD
        • Nov 2010

The Ton Koopman recording has long been my favourite version of this oft-recorded piece, but sadly I think it is out of the catalogue at present.

Comment

Working...
        X