X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mw963
    • Feb 2012

Perhaps Radio 3 really are aware of us!

On a recent thread (Bramdean) that was subsequently removed I moaned about how patronising I find it when the announcer tells me at the end of Choral Evensong that I have another "chance" to hear the broadcast the following Sunday. I suggested that "opportunity" would be less irksome to my ears.

Since I wrote that I notice that - apart from Ms Dereham - the other announcers appear to have followed my suggestion.

I have no idea if it's really the case but if you have taken notice - then THANK YOU!

As an afterthought, strictly speaking the title of this thread should be "Perhaps Radio 3 really *is" aware of us", but somehow it sounds wrong.....
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

I think french frank would confirm that R3 keeps an eye on us. A wary eye, probably. I doubt their brief is to pick up helpful tips...but in this case they clearly couldn't ignore your suggestion.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
      Host
      • Nov 2010

I think they do take notice, which is why it may be counter-productive to attack individual presenters in the way some people have done.

Comment

Working...
      X