CE Chapel of King's College, London 20th Feb 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simon

Thanks for comment, VH. I was clear that the playover started in the middle and it's a tune I know well. It was the end of the playover that got me. I certainly didn't hear on Wednesday what I heard on iplayer, so I can only assume that something here interfered briefly with the sound and made me think something had gone amiss.

If anyone recorded Wednesday's broadcast, as we sometimes do when I'm due to be away, then maybe they'd listen?

<><><><><><><>

Incidentally, somebody wanted to know what I'd done that was "worse". I played for a time in two places, one that used EH and one that used AMR. Or was it the dark green one - I can't recall now. Sometimes, the tunes are in different keys. On playover, I sometimes didn't bother looking too hard at the music for familiar hymns, but just started off. Sometimes I ended up having to transpose - fine for the easy stuff, but I'm no professional and don;t do it enough to be very sompetent.

One Christmas I playover in one key that I'm used to - G - then realise that the tune I'm looking at is in F. But unfortunately I realise the discrepancy too late, as my hands, following my eyes and not my memory, have already started in the new key... Congregation didn't care particularly, but I got a ribbing afterwards from a couple of musicians. I was tired, you see. It was Christmas. I'd had a drink. And the tune was so familiar. Sorry, Herr Mendelssohn.

Comment

• ToneLower

Of course, if people used "Memento" instead of "Southwell" there'd be no trouble...

Comment

Working...
      X