Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisjstanley
    • Dec 2010

Clint van der Linde was born in 1978 in South Africa. At age 9, he heard the Drakensberg Boys Choir, quickly asked to try out for membership, and was accept...

Remarkably, Clint manages it (QOTN top F) with ease. Personally though I prefer his voice in Cantata 51 mode.

bws
    Chris S

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by chrisjstanley View Post
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTNEm9ijSTs

Remarkably, Clint manages it (QOTN top F) with ease. Personally though I prefer his voice in Cantata 51 mode.

bws
      Chris S
      !

Two or three years ago we were amazed at the Tölzer boy's performance, but that was a strain and not always very beautiful.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• decantor
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Keraulophone View Post
        ..... actually, someone in the Cathedral office miraculously put it up last night - hope you enjoy the service, and that people don't find the SC volume settings too low, as they did previously.......

......Sorry, I meant the Shrimper, Baron Decantor! Perhaps it was ardcarp who had the yacht.
        And folks don't think we have miracles any more! The link worked for me: I've heard only the Allegri so far - and socks were duly blown off - but I shall certainly find time for the Mass setting too. Sound level was fine. Many thanks.

The Shrimper is still doing its stuff in the Carrick Roads, crewed by my cousins and their kids. Me, I've hung up my sea-boots, but a week in Roseland in May is on the cards.

Comment

• bach736
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by decantor View Post
          but a week in Roseland in May is on the cards.
          And did those feet in ancient time ...

Comment

• mercia
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by chrisjstanley View Post
            remarkable indeed ....... but some distinctly dodgy intonation along the way

Comment

• ardcarp
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

Popping in to Evensong at Truro by boat isn't as romantic as it sounds. First one negotiates a haphazardly buoyed. narrow, shallow, muddy channel...assuming that CE coincides with High Water. One ties up outside Tescos, avoiding submerged shopping trolleys where possible. After CE, the tide will have receded meaning a 24-hour stay (though admittedly only a twelve hour stay if one is happy to retrace the said narrow, shallow, muddy channel in the dark.) Now, had the city of Truro done the decent thing and invested in a proper lock, thus penning up a vast plan d'eau, making the place hugely picturesque and coincidentally attracting wealthy yachtsmen (such as decantor ) to boost the local economy, then nautical evensong might have been a possibility.

All very relevant to Allegri from St John's.
              Last edited by ardcarp; 22-02-13, 09:05.

Comment

• decantor
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
                Popping in to Evensong at Truro by boat isn't as romantic as it sounds. First one negotiates a haphazardly buoyed. narrow, shallow, muddy channel...assuming that CE coincides with High Water. One ties up outside Tescos, avoiding submerged shopping trolleys where possible. After CE, the tide will have receded meaning a 24-hour stay (though admittedly only a twelve hour stay if one is happy to retrace the said narrow, shallow, muddy channel in the dark.) Now, had the city of Truro done the decent thing and invested in a proper lock, thus penning up a vast plan d'eau, making the place hugely picturesque and coincidentally attracting wealthy yachtsmen (such as decantor ) to boost the local economy, then nautical evensong might have been a possibility.
                Haven't we been here before, ardcarp? I seem to recall you wanted to excavate a marina in that god-forsaken reach just below Truro - where it both dries and smells (I wonder if we noticed the same shopping trolleys). Well, if ever they invite me to become a Dragon, I shall refuse to subscribe my £100 unless the project is backed by £millions of public funds - or by Ardcarp Capital Enterprises, of course.

The connection with St John's is that one can't get a decent-sized boat up to the Bridge of Sighs either.
                Last edited by decantor; 23-02-13, 01:36.

Comment

• ardcarp
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

one can't get a decent-sized boat up to the Bridge of Sighs either.

Haven't we been here before, ardcarp? I seem to recall you wanted to excavate a marina in that god-forsaken reach just below Truro
                  Alas, repeating oneself is a known affliction of ancient mariners.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Did Truro Cathedralo Choir sing the Allegri then!?!? :}

I been there, and quite liked that cathedral and boiught one of the choir's cds, 'A Vierne Collection'.
                    Don’t cry for me
                    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• DracoM
                      Host
                      • Mar 2007

Yes, indeed, on the web link included in the 'Webcast from Truro' thread:

Comment

Working...
                      X