X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simon
    • Sep 2024

Mozart F minor ogan fantasia

Первый международный конкурс органистов имени А. Ф. Гедике. Играет К. Волостнов. Моцарт Фантазия фа минор KV 608.Еще видео: http://rmusician.ru/archives/2055

I got this link from somebody, and I have to say that I think it's a supremely competent performance of a work that I'm not technically good enough to master!

Looking at the comments, I too wondered what was in Wolfie's mind when he decided to go back a generation and come up with a quick fugue. Maybe just because he could? Maybe homage to JSB? Maybe just because he enjoyed doing it?

Who knows? Glad we've got it, though!

Enjoy.
  • Alison
    • Nov 2010

Have fugues ever gone totally out of fashion ?

(You always had an eye for pretty girls.)

Comment

• rauschwerk
      • Nov 2010

Mozart was a very great deal more than a 'master of the galant' as one of the U-tube comments puts it. From the time he was smitten by baroque music (around the time of the C minor Mass), fugue became a very important part of his language. When he wrote this wonderful fantasia, it was not so very long since he had heard a Bach motet at Leipzig.

Comment

• Contre Bombarde

Originally posted by Alison View Post

(You always had an eye for pretty girls.)
        Ahhh, the joys of mechanical organs with no playing aids and a bevy of régistrants! It's just not the same with USB stick control and dozens of pistons...

Comment

• ardcarp
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

It was written for a mechanical clock, wasn't it? Some clock.

Comment

• mercia
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post

possibly not, though I'd welcome anyone pointing to any examples written after [let's say] 1980.

(marvellous example of one in last night's Wigmore concert - (pre-1980 of course))

Comment

Working...
            X