Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wolsey
    • Nov 2010

Could someone slip the definite article into the thread header above (The Queen's...), please?

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

Strong, confident even a tad aggressive at times, rarely less than mf, disciplined voices, very professional sound.

Comment

• Simon Biazeck

I can't say I've ever heard this choir before and it was a delight - beautiful, fervent and disciplined, just how I like it! Some lush chants and I loved the neo-classical casting for Murrill in E's organ part - very affecting. A real sense of joy appropriate for All Saints, too.

Comment

• subcontrabass
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
          Strong, confident even a tad aggressive at times, rarely less than mf, disciplined voices, very professional sound.
          With a choir of 24 or so choral scholars would you expect anything less?

Comment

• ardcarp
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

Just heard it. Accomplished singing. Sop line sounding very professional, some lower parts with less 'mature' voices, but none the worse for that with good blend and tuning. In Ps 27 the line'They stumbled and fell' was rendered, 'They stumbled and fell to the ground' which fits better with the pointing but does not accord with my inbuilt Coverdale database. Maybe an expert can chip in and explain this. I thought the chaplain's 'travelogue' was just a bit over informal, with an attempt at humour that was not wholly apt. He did get to his theological theme ('light'?) in the end. And he did refer to Queen's College without the definite article!

Comment

• Colonel Danby
              • Nov 2010

My brother was a choral scholar at Corpus in the early nineties (he had tried to get into Marlow's lot at Trinity but didn't quite cut the mustard). I went down a few times to Cambridge to hear him sing and the choir were really rather good, but I believe that they have since become even better if they have a DoM.

Comment

Working...
              X