X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Miles Coverdale
    Late Member
    • Dec 2010

Presumably the new organ will be at A440. I remember the organ being the best part of a semitone sharp when I sang at Edington.
    My boxes are positively disintegrating under the sheer weight of ticks. Ed Reardon

Comment

• orbis factor

Originally posted by Miles Coverdale View Post
      Presumably the new organ will be at A440. I remember the organ being the best part of a semitone sharp when I sang at Edington.
      Thankfully yes. The singers find the current instrument extremely difficult to tune to - however they cope extremely well.

Comment

• DJY

Just LA. sounded good but pity about the dry acoustic. Do all 3 choirs sing together for some of the time? Nice psalms.

Comment

• decantor
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by mw963 View Post
          ......that chant. I think I transcribed it at the time but no idea what I did with it...... Seem to remember it was beautifully desolate.....
          mw963, I've sent you a PM with reference to 'that chant'.

It did seem to me that the Edington acoustic was even drier than usual this year (did they pack in more bodies or rearrange the mikes?). It asks more of the singers, and I thought they coped with it remarkably well. While I enjoyed almost all the music we heard, some of the Festival's services not scheduled for broadcast had mouth-wateringly attractive music schemes - I envy the Priory's parishioners.

SFAIK the three choirs never sing together (except in the hymns - and the pub?). The Consort tend to do the flashy stuff (introit and anthem, perhaps), the Nave Choir sing the heart of the service (Responses and Canticles, usually), and the Schola do all the plainchant. How very English that this extravaganza should take place in a smallish parish church! Floreat!

Comment

• orbis factor

Originally posted by decantor View Post

It did seem to me that the Edington acoustic was even drier than usual this year (did they pack in more bodies or rearrange the mikes?). It asks more of the singers, and I thought they coped with it remarkably well. While I enjoyed almost all the music we heard, some of the Festival's services not scheduled for broadcast had mouth-wateringly attractive music schemes - I envy the Priory's parishioners.

SFAIK the three choirs never sing together (except in the hymns - and the pub?). The Consort tend to do the flashy stuff (introit and anthem, perhaps), the Nave Choir sing the heart of the service (Responses and Canticles, usually), and the Schola do all the plainchant. How very English that this extravaganza should take place in a smallish parish church! Floreat!
            Just to clarify: the Consort sang the Introit and Anthems, Schola the chant, Nave Ch the Mag and both Nave and Consort the Nunc. In fact, all three choirs joined together to sing Gowers Viri Galilaei on Saturday eve.

Re the chant - if you want a copy let me know and I can arrange for a copy to be sent.

Comment

• orbis factor

Originally posted by decantor View Post

Just to clarify: the Consort sang the Introit and Anthems, Schola the chant, Nave Ch the Mag and both Nave and Consort the Nunc. In fact, all three choirs joined together to sing Gowers Viri Galilaei on Saturday eve.

Re the chant - if you want a copy let me know and I can arrange for one to be sent.
              Last edited by Guest; 28-08-12, 21:25.

Comment

• mw963
                • Feb 2012

Thanks orbis factor and decantor. I'm sending you both private messages.

Comment

Working...
                X