• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

< the choir does seem to be in very good heart >

Yes, indeed. Echo all that Decantor says.

Live CE on Easter Sunday afternoon after all that has preceded [12 BIG sung services in 6 days ] and knowing that half term was but minutes away cannot be the easiest place to be for a treble, AND if you have a hydra like In Exitu Israel to wrestle to the ground before you go off to fun and frolic, you can imagine the heart might fail just a bit, BUT all that said, Gloucs showed they really can do it and I'd love to hear them on a perfectly ordinary, bog-standard Wednesday in February one year.

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

< Furthermore his anthem based on the 'Lord of the Dance' tune was brilliant. Let's hope Norwich becomes a bit more than NFN when he gets his feet under the table! >

Agree.

I seem to recall there was a row between Norwich and the Beeb over CE and they refused to be on the schedule? So maybe under AG that may change? Hope so, Wonderful cathedral - sung there a number of times, and as a singing space, exquisite.

Comment

• DracoM
        Host
        • Mar 2007

Also Ps 114 In Exitu Israel is surely one of the possibilities as psalm for Easter Sunday, isn't it, or am I looking at the wrong lectionary?

Comment

• Vile Consort
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
          I seem to recall there was a row between Norwich and the Beeb over CE and they refused to be on the schedule?
          Perhaps they object to holding evensong just after lunch.

Comment

• ardcarp
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

Perhaps they object to holding evensong just after lunch.

Comment

• Wolsey
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
              Also Ps 114 In Exitu Israel is surely one of the possibilities as psalm for Easter Sunday, isn't it, or am I looking at the wrong lectionary?
              It is indeed one of the three Proper Psalms for the day, 113 and 118 being the other two.

Comment

Working...
              X