• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pole_2_pole
    • Jun 2024

In Tune: 2 April

Just spotted this:

Presented by Sean Rafferty. With Valery Gergiev and music from violinist Joshua Bell.

The girl choristers of Salisbury Cathedral perform live on the show (aware it doesn't state girls on the website but I have other informed sources ). I'm sure the recent success of the BBC4 documentary will be discussed...
  • pole_2_pole

Kicks off at about 45mins in...

Comment

• MrGongGong
      • Nov 2010

Doomed , we're all doomed I say

Final proof that this country is going to the dogs

Comment

• pole_2_pole

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post

It's better than Schubert...

Comment

• Simon Biazeck

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post

Herr Gong Gong, stop stirring! We'll all be transported to the cyber naughty step again if you keep it up. The interview was delightful and Sean Rafferty was at his best. Such eloquent and intelligent young people - great to hear the future!

Comment

• pole_2_pole

Originally posted by Simon Biazeck View Post
            Such eloquent and intelligent young people - great to hear the future!
            True that! An engaging interview and lovely performances.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Simon Biazeck View Post
              Herr Gong Gong, stop stirring! We'll all be transported to the cyber naughty step again if you keep it up. The interview was delightful and Sean Rafferty was at his best. Such eloquent and intelligent young people - great to hear the future!
              A friend and I are regular attenders of free concerts given by the student orchestra at the Royal Academy of Music in Marylebone Road, SimonB, and this is what we always say to each other in the post-concert chat over a pint "Aren't young people/talented people wonderful? - but they need us as an audience to bounce off too"

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by pole_2_pole View Post
                It's better than Schubert...
                Not per se but maybe better than wall to wall Schubert!

Comment

• Simon Biazeck

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                  A friend and I are regular attenders of free concerts given by the student orchestra at the Royal Academy of Music in Marylebone Road, SimonB, and this is what we always say to each other in the post-concert chat over a pint "Aren't young people/talented people wonderful? - but they need us as an audience to bounce off too"
                  Quite so! I wish I were able to but my professional performing life is still very much in full swing, so I'm not able to attend as many concerts as I would like. I don't want to divert the thread topic here but I do try to attend straight theatre when I get a chance. Cheers!
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-04-12, 12:06.

Comment

• JFLL
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                    "Aren't young people/talented people wonderful? - but they need us as an audience to bounce off too"
                    Amen to that. Isn't it strange that in most concerts (certainly chamber recitals) the performers are the youngest people in the hall? Are all these young talented people too busy performaing ever to go to concerts?

Edit: Simon B has answered my question supra!

Comment

• ardcarp
                      Late member
                      • Nov 2010

Last week I heard young piano students (about 20 of them) from The Purcell School performing in Italy. It is indeed wonderful, refreshing and even humbling to experience prodigious talent in youngsters.

Comment

Working...
                      X