X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris Watson
    • Jun 2011

Stephen Hough on Evensong

This has been doing the rounds on Facebook, but I thought I'd post it here. I think it is a beautifully written little article by a wonderful musician, and sums up almost exactly my own relationship with Evensong, particularly since I stopped singing it regularly 15 years ago.

• amateur51

Originally posted by Chris Watson View Post
    This has been doing the rounds on Facebook, but I thought I'd post it here. I think it is a beautifully written little article by a wonderful musician, and sums up almost exactly my own relationship with Evensong, particularly since I stopped singing it regularly 15 years ago.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/culture...n-threshholds/
    For people who are free in London in the daytime on Tuesday 31 January, Stephen Hough is giving a piano masterclass at the Royal Academy of Music. Admission is free and the event takes place from 10:00 until 13:00

Comment

• Anna

Evensong hangs on the wall of English life like a old, familiar cloak passed through the generations. Rich with prayer and Scripture, it is nevertheless totally nonthreatening. It is a service into which all can stumble without censure – a rambling old house where everyone can find some corner to sit and think, to listen with half-attention, trailing a few absentminded fingers of faith or doubt in its passing stream.

Indeed, absentminded fingers in the stream, that is perfect. that is why I love CE

Comment

Working...
      X