X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by orbis factor View Post
    All I would say to the likes of you and VCC is this: try to obtain facts before accusing an institution of 'disgraceful' behaviour.
    Who guv?
    Me guv?
    'Disgraceful' guv?

Shoulda gorn to SpecSavers, innit

Comment

• doversoul1
      Ex Member
      • Dec 2010

orbis factor
      on a gossipy forum like this (amusing though it is to read from time to time)
      I suggest you go back to doing just that (to read from time to time).

Fellow Board Members
      This poster clearly joined the Forum simply to say ‘I know something you don’t know but I'm not telling you’. I suggest we leave him/her alone and continue our discussion.

Comment

• orbis factor

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
        orbis factor

Fellow Board Members
        This poster clearly joined the Forum simply to say ‘I know something you don’t know but I'm not telling you’. I suggest we leave him/her alone and continue our discussion.
        Discussion? Fairly loose terminology there.. Let's not forget that most (most) of you
        - were it not for the existence of forums like these - would have to
        restrict your rather ill-informed 'discussions' to the corner of the
        pub, or even subversive mutterings under your breath. Still amusing for us to read though so please do continue!

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
          orbis factor

Fellow Board Members
          Excellent observation and sound advice, dovers!

I'm giving the troll a wide berth from now on - see the latest posting #93 (where IS that dratted emoticon:?)

Comment

• orbis factor

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            Excellent observation and sound advice, dovers!

I'm giving the troll a wide berth from now on - see the latest posting #93 (where IS that dratted emoticon:?)
            Didn't think you lot would be able to cope with that..

Comment

• mercia
              • Nov 2010

cathedral hierarchies have always been a mystery to me, but with Dr. Fraser reportedly threatening to resign if the protesters are forcibly removed, it would seem he has been at odds with his colleagues from the start of this whole affair

Comment

• Flosshilde
                • Nov 2010

I'm sure closing the cathedral at this time was not a decision taken lightly and must have been done with a considerable about of regret.
                More speculation! - "I'm sure" & "must" in this context really mean "I really don't know & am just guessing."

I'm sure that they did it out of spite.

Comment

• DracoM
                  Host
                  • Mar 2007

This thread has become overly aggressive and fractious. I fully accept that this is a high profile tinder box issue in terms of issues and stances adopted. But if the language and ad hominem spats do not stop, I shall have no alternative but to shut it down.

This is not the usual admin style on The Radio 3 Forum at all, and I shall be very reluctant to do so, but...........please! Order, Ladies and Gentlemen.

Comment

• orbis factor

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                    More speculation! - "I'm sure" & "must" in this context really mean "I really don't know & am just guessing."

I'm sure that they did it out of spite.
                    Ok - well you're entitled to that view, of course. It's just a shame that you think that.

Comment

• Anna

There is to be a FlashMob style Evensong at St. Pauls today, 5pm. I originally thought it was organised by the protestors but according to the DT is is by the Choristers. I rather like the idea of it.

Comment

• Flosshilde
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                        This thread has become overly aggressive and fractious. I fully accept that this is a high profile tinder box issue in terms of issues and stances adopted. But if the language and ad hominem spats do not stop, I shall have no alternative but to shut it down.

This is not the usual admin style on The Radio 3 Forum at all, and I shall be very reluctant to do so, but...........please! Order, Ladies and Gentlemen.
                        I thought that it was the moderator (French Frank) who decided if threads should be closed?

Comment

• njfreestone

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                          There is to be a FlashMob style Evensong at St. Pauls today, 5pm. I originally thought it was organised by the protestors but according to the DT is is by the Choristers. I rather like the idea of it.
                          http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...-flashmob.html
                          Not the Choristers, but a scratch choir and congregation, organised via Twitter, I gather...

More info here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b01684jm/ from 27:40

Comment

• Magnificat

So you've no evidence to suggest that, other than in one place in Spain, the RCs wouldn't react in the same way as St Paul's? And you know no details about health and safety/issues at St Paul's, presumably - yet you're quite free with your opinions based almost entirely on conjecture. So what do you know exactly? Anything? Still, your uninformed rants administered from your back bedroom give those of us fortunate to work in the profession a good laugh now and again.
                            Orbis Factor

Front bedroom actually.

What profession, the Cloth, cathedral music, health and safety?

I see that MPs are now accusing St Paul's of using spurious health and safety issues to close the cathedral ( taught tent ropes are quoted ) so I am not alone in questioning what is going on, not that I would believe a word that MPs say if it makes you feel better!

VCC

Comment

• DracoM
                              Host
                              • Mar 2007

Indeed, flosshilde, and the Administrator is in the loop.

Comment

• french frank
                                Administrator/Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

I'm going to close this thread here - by request. I would suggest that if there are outstanding matters on the subject of the Occupy camp outside St Paul's worth discussing, perhaps someone would open a new thread over on Platform 3, teasing out the issues which they feel deserve further thought as a steer towards debate.

An Occupy Bristol camp has been set up on College Green - owned by the cathedral authorities - adjacent to the cathedral. The various bodies - church, city council and commercial interests - have agreed that the right to peaceful protest should be recognised. Grounds for eventual removal hinge on the fact that it is a local recreational area which is in regular use for specific purposes which the camp will eventually prevent.
                                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
                                X