• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jean
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Simon View Post
    Good of them to manage to stray into the north of the country for, er, three of these concerts!
    This is only the tail-end of this year's Pilgrimage - they visited us much earlier in the year!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
      doversoul - well worth shouting about! - and Simon Heighes gave the Victoria a rave review (which was also scholarly, perceptive etc etc), which cheered me up no end, because while he was doing so, the copy I had ordered (#25 above) landed on my doormat. An extraördinary bargain - what, £3 odd per CD?? marvellous...

I am very much in a Victoria phase at the moment. I just listened to this CD Review discussion, having not been able to hear in on Saturday. I would be very interested to hear your reactions to the Plus Ultra box, vints

Looking forward later today to getting stuck into the COTW podcast. However this weekend on my travels, I at last caught up with Simon Heighes's Building A Library from May which I didn't hear at the time http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b010xvp2. Fascinating stuff and resulted in me ordering the Tenebrae performance of the 1605 Requiem which sounded breathtaking: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ef=oss_product Anyone got that, and have their own views to express?
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• vinteuil
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        [COLOR="#0000FF"]
        I am very much in a Victoria phase at the moment. I just listened to this CD Review discussion, having not been able to hear in on Saturday. I would be very interested to hear your reactions to the Plus Ultra box, vints :_]
        calibman - "I may be some time... "

My guilty pile of not-yet-listened-to CDs also includes the Barenboim Tristan, the Pappano Guillaume Tell, the Vermeulen Schumann, the Jacobs Zauberflote, three sets of the Monteverdi Vespers (McCreesh, Jacobs, Stubbs), two Mahler 10 (Rattle, Zinman), a clutch of Suzuki Bach cantatas, three vols of Duphly harpsichord works, vols 9 and 10 of the Brautigam Beethoven...

But when I get to the Victoria - I'll let you know

Comment

Working...
        X