• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lizzie
    • Nov 2010

Howells - The Winchester Service Winchester Cathedral CD

Dear All
    Should you be interested, some of the reviews of the new cd can be read on the Cathedral website at

Really rather good! Bws. Liz
  • Keraulophone
    • Nov 2010

A very rewarding CD - one of the finest front rows and one of the finest back rows in the country on top form, inspired by a great organist-choir trainer, doing what they do best. The Winchester Service is certainly worthy of more regular performance, and I particularly enjoyed the Coventry Antiphon, with its intense climaxes. (The Contra Bombarde 32' sounds more thrilling in the building than on the CD, however well engineered, where it tends to obliterate much else.)

Highly recommended.

Comment

• Lizzie
      • Nov 2010

[QUOTE=Keraulophone;72539]A very rewarding CD - one of the finest front rows and one of the finest back rows in the country on top form, inspired by a great organist-choir trainer, doing what they do best. The Winchester Service is certainly worthy of more regular performance, and I particularly enjoyed the Coventry Antiphon, with its intense climaxes. (The Contra Bombarde 32' sounds more thrilling in the building than on the CD, however well engineered, where it tends to obliterate much else.)

Highly recommended.[ /QUOTE]

SO glad you've enjoyed it. I know I'm slightly biased but, I think it's one of the best cds I have in my collection which is saying something! Bws. Liz

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Looks like another cd to buy!!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Lizzie
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post