X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mopsus
    • Nov 2010

News from St Asaph

The DoM and Assistant DoM are being made redundant: https://stasaphcathedral.wales/cathe...26-august-2018
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

So much for the city that described itself as "City of Music" when I was last there about ten years ago: William Matthias must be turning in his grave in St Asaph churchyard. Quite how the new "modest temporary arrangements" will "ensure [the] same high standards of Music" will be something that everyone will be keen to witness.

Sad - lovely Cathedral.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• ardcarp
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

I'm not up in things Welsh, but didn't Llandaff get rid of some of its musicians a while ago?

Comment

• jean
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

How sad! I'd heard nothing of this.

We have an informal arrangment to sing a Mass there during half term, and though I'd never heard any of rhte choirs (because they weren't there when we were) Alan seemed to have a nice establishment there.

Comment

• Braunschlag
          • Jul 2017

[QUOTE=ferneyhoughgeliebte;694935]So much for the city that described itself as "City of Music" when I was last there about ten years ago: William Matthias must be turning in his grave in St Asaph churchyard. Quite how the new "modest temporary arrangements" will "ensure [the] same high standards of Music" will be something that everyone will be keen to witness.

Sad - lovely Cathedral.[/QUOTE

Indeed FHG. I have trouble equating ‘modest’ with ‘high standards’, sounds very much like ‘clergy speak’for no idea at all. The legacy of the Carey years and his befuddled approach to diocesan finance (which has financially crucified many parishes) seems to have caught up with the cathedrals, Llandaff being another victim of this. I’m not surprised at all but it’s not going to go away any time soon.

Comment

• mopsus
            • Nov 2010

Maybe the DoM could apply for the vacancy at Worcester: http://www.worcestercathedral.co.uk/Home_Page.php

Comment

• ardcarp
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

I wonder where Peter Nardone is off to? Seems a shame that people don't stay 'in post' as long as they used to....with some notable exceptions.

Comment

• mopsus
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
                I wonder where Peter Nardone is off to? Seems a shame that people don't stay 'in post' as long as they used to....with some notable exceptions.
                His (recently edited) Wikipedia page describes him as 'freelance'. He was released from his duties at Worcester with more or less immediate effect.

Comment

Working...
                X