• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Winchester College Choir on Classic FM

I think Winchester College Chapel Choir's carol service has been (is being?) broadcast on Classic FM, Has anyone heard it? I'm abroad at the moment and haven't got the hang of getting CFM.
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

Was on 18th Dec. BUT seems to be no way to raise it now? Anyone familiar with CFM help?

Comment

• mercia
      • Nov 2010

"A Winchester Christmas with Nicholas Owen" yesterday afternoon 3-5pm ??

"We're currently working on an upgrade to our Listen On-Demand service. When it's launched, you'll be able to catch up on every Classic FM show up to seven days after broadcast."

Comment

• BasilHarwood
        • Mar 2012

Was on yesterday.

Comment

• PJPJ
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mercia View Post
          "A Winchester Christmas with Nicholas Owen" yesterday afternoon 3-5pm ??

"We're currently working on an upgrade to our Listen On-Demand service. When it's launched, you'll be able to catch up on every Classic FM show up to seven days after broadcast."
          You can listen here:

Listen live to Classic FM online radio. Discover classical music and find out more about the best classical composers, musicians and their works.

It's a very low bit-rate - aac around 48 kbps
          Last edited by PJPJ; 24-12-17, 13:14.

Comment

• ardcarp
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by PJPJ View Post
            You van listen here:

Listen live to Classic FM online radio. Discover classical music and find out more about the best classical composers, musicians and their works.

It's a very low bit-rate - aac around 48 kbps
            Thanks PJPJ. Sadly the CFM I player won't let me listen outside the UK. Maybe it will still be there when I get home.

Comment

• DracoM
              Host
              • Mar 2007

Blimey! See what you mean about bit-rate!!
              And how much influence CFM has on both contents / style? Poor Malcolm Archer..............oh, poor Malcolm.
              Great to have school age voices really giving it disciplined, beautifully balanced choral singing.

But.... blow me.... interrupted every so often, between 'tracks', by Nicholas Owen with CFM puffs/promos. And plush, orchestral Hollywoodisation her and there too. Oh very dear.

Now I know why I should value R3 and https://yle.fi/radio/yleklassinen/suora/
              Last edited by DracoM; 24-12-17, 13:31.

Comment

• BasilHarwood
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                Blimey! See what you mean about bit-rate!!
                And how much influence CFM has on both contents / style? Poor Malcolm Archer..............oh, poor Malcolm.
                Great to have school age voices really giving it disciplined, beautifully balanced choral singing.

But.... blow me.... interrupted every so often, between 'tracks', by Nicholas Owen with CFM puffs/promos. And plush, orchestral Hollywoodisation her and there too. Oh very dear.

Now I know why I should value R3 and https://yle.fi/radio/yleklassinen/suora/
                Malcolm Archer (Director of chapel music) wasn't conducting, it was the Director of Music, David Thomas.

Comment

• DracoM
                  Host
                  • Mar 2007

Aha!! Thx. Mr Archer unwell.
                  BUT
                  Quiristers Britten Cd now out!!
                  Last edited by DracoM; 24-12-17, 19:30.

Comment

Working...
                  X