X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Thanks. What a great choir. I heard somewhere that David Bednall (whose Nunc was on the list) had supplied the 'missing' Gloria. But we just had the usual (and IMO rather lovely) Finzi 'Amen' Or maybe I have got it wrong, and DB just supplied a companion Nunc for the Finzi Mag. Maybe someone can put me out of my confused state?

Comment

• mopsus
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
      Thanks. What a great choir. I heard somewhere that David Bednall (whose Nunc was on the list) had supplied the 'missing' Gloria. But we just had the usual (and IMO rather lovely) Finzi 'Amen' Or maybe I have got it wrong, and DB just supplied a companion Nunc for the Finzi Mag. Maybe someone can put me out of my confused state?
      I can clarify for you. David Bednall (who is playing in tomorrow's broadcast) has written both a Nunc, and a Gloria for the Magnificat. I heard the whole lot at evensong during the 3 Choirs Festival last year. The Nunc is a massive piece in itself and performing it together with the extended Magnificat is a really big sing. The Gloria for the Magnificat makes ingenious use of the musical material of the rest, but you lose the transition from the climax on 'Abraham and his seed' into that Amen.

This got discussed (including comments from me which largely repeat the above) a propos adding a plainchant Gloria to Part's Magnificat:

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Nevilevelis View Post
        Have yourself another dose of live Finzi: the Magnificat !

http://trinitycollegechoir.com/webca...oral-evensong/
        Thanks Nev.

Comment

• ardcarp
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

...and thanks Mopsus.

Comment

Working...
          X