X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roger Judd
    • Apr 2012

BBC Breakfast & Hereford Cathedral 5-5-17

BBC Breakfast this morning made visits to Hereford after the Headmaster of the Cathedral School talked about how the use of music, and singing in particular, could combat stress in school, especially at exam time. The moments occurred at around 7.25am, 7.50am and 9.00am. Good to hear the boys in action again with Geraint Bowen and Peter Dyke.
    RJ
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

And he is dead right - once you convince the kids that it is not time wasted. but life gained.
    And an HM has a huge role in setting the tone for that.

Comment

• Androcles
      • Oct 2012

I enjoyed that too - excellent singing from the boys who appeared to be unperturbed by the antics of the BBC reporter - what was the first piece they sang? - I wondered whether it was a Stanford Biblical Song? Good to see a school rehearsing hymns en masse .....

Comment

• Roger Judd
        • Apr 2012

The rather splendid aria, 'Who can express the noble acts of the Lord' from S.S.Wesley's anthem O give thanks unto the Lord. It was published (1853) while SSW was organist at Winchester Cathedral.
        RJ

Comment

• Androcles
          • Oct 2012

I went to Youtube and immediately found your fine recording - thank you.

Comment

• Roger Judd
            • Apr 2012

Ah ... I'd no idea that recording was out in the public domain! Good to know.
            RJ

Comment

Working...
            X