• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Finzi4ever
    • Nov 2010

Easter Day Eucharist BBC 1 - Hereford

Anyone catch this on the day or since?

You won't be surprised to find terrifically good singing (and playing) as always from Hereford. Rheinberger in E mass setting new to me, but very effective. Michael Tavinor still at his best: Oh to have such a musical Dean heading all Chapters...
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

I don't usually post details of services on R4. Would you like me to do so in the future?

Comment

• mw963
      • Feb 2012

It was a very good broadcast, and a reminder of the talents of all there at Hereford. Peter Dyke particularly on superb form. Sullivan would have loved I suspect Peter's treatment of his final verse of Alleluia Alleluia.....

Comment

• Finzi4ever
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post

I don't usually post details of services on R4. Would you like me to do so in the future?
        This was the Easter morning telly b/c: I only mentioned it for its fine standard of singing and didn't want fellow aficionados to miss out before it disappears from iPlayer. We certainly don't want to be listing Songs of Praise on a weekly basis!

Comment

• Finzi4ever
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mw963 View Post
          It was a very good broadcast, and a reminder of the talents of all there at Hereford. Peter Dyke particularly on superb form. Sullivan would have loved I suspect Peter's treatment of his final verse of Alleluia Alleluia.....
          Hear, hear to that!

Comment

• Roger Judd
            • Apr 2012

Hear, hear to all of the above. You might like to know that earlier in Holy Week the choir, along with some very fine soloists, gave a wonderful performance of Bach's St Matthew Passion. Geriant Bowen's son, Ruari, was the quite brilliant Evangelist.
            RJ

Comment

• DracoM
              Host
              • Mar 2007

I'm a great admirer of what Geraint Bowen does at Hereford, the boys he trains always sing with great panache and sensitivity - how he does it I just do not know - BUT what really struck me in this tx was the lyrical power and grace of the altos.

Thx for the heads-up.

Comment

• Finzi4ever
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                BUT what really struck me in this tx was the lyrical power and grace of the altos.
                Yes, a lovely tone and they blend so well.

Comment

Working...
                X