CE St Peter’s Collegiate Church, Wolverhampton [R] Wed, 26.vi.24 @ 3 p.m.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

CE St Peter’s Collegiate Church, Wolverhampton [R] Wed, 26.vi.24 @ 3 p.m.

St Peter’s Collegiate Church, Wolverhampton

Order of Service:

Introit: Sing we merrily (Campbell)
    Responses: Rose
    Psalm 119 vv145-176 (Rogers, Goss, Day, Hanforth)
    First Lesson: Isaiah 24: 1-15
    Canticles: Noble in B minor
    Second Lesson: 1 Corinthians 6: 1-11
    Anthem: Greater love hath no man (Ireland)
    Hymn: Saviour, again to thy dear name we raise (Ellers)

Voluntary: Andante moderato in C minor (Bridge)

Rupert Jeffcoat (Organist)
    Callum Alger (Director of Music)

Recorded 8 June.

Drat! The ONE week I'd have been free to listen, it's a blithering recording!

Comment

• ttam.esor
      • Aug 2019

Originally posted by S H Otley View Post
      Drat! The ONE week I'd have been free to listen, it's a blithering recording!
      I understand your preference for a live broadcast. However, coordinating a group of volunteers with diverse day jobs—teachers, bus drivers, software consultants, hauliers, and more—along with managing 30 children to get them out of their various schools (which might not have been possible), poses significant challenges.
      Being invited for a second recording was a wonderful opportunity, especially for the choristers.
      A live broadcast might have been impossible to organise, which would have meant missing out on this valuable experience.
      In my view, a recording is far better than losing the opportunity altogether. I appreciate that everyone has different perspectives.

Comment

Absolutely agree about the opportunity for the choristers, and for the choir as a whole.

My personal feeling is that I want to participate in an act of worship as it happens. Otherwise I may just as well pull recordings of the settings and anthems off Spotify and listen to them as a concert.

Comment

• DerFreischütz
          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by S H Otley View Post
          Absolutely agree about the opportunity for the choristers, and for the choir as a whole.

My personal feeling is that I want to participate in an act of worship as it happens. Otherwise I may just as well pull recordings of the settings and anthems off Spotify and listen to them as a concert.
          Just because something is a recording doesn’t make it an automatically a concert. It’s a recording of worship………….

Comment

It's a personal thing for me that worship is in the here and now. It's not happening when listening to a recording. Believe me, it's hard turning down the opportunity to listen - where I live, decent church music is but a dream!
            Last edited by Guest; 26-06-24, 07:15.

Comment

• DracoM
              Host
              • Mar 2007

Reminder: TODAY @ 3 p.m.

Comment

• anoncoward
                • May 2021

Wonderful service this! Many congratulations to Callum and his fine choir. Outstanding accompanying from the legendary Rupert Jeffcoat too!

Comment

Originally posted by anoncoward View Post
                  Wonderful service this! Many congratulations to Callum and his fine choir. Outstanding accompanying from the legendary Rupert Jeffcoat too!
                  Good to know that it went well.

Comment

• jonfan
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by anoncoward View Post
                    Canticles and anthem particularly fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X