X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gabriel Jackson
    • May 2011

Youth Choir "Kamēr... 25th anniversary

The amazing Youth Choir Kamēr... celebrated their 25th anniversary last month with a sold-out concert at the Latvian National Opera. The concert was staged by Rēzija Kalniņa and, as well as chief conductor Jānis Liepiņš, the choir also sang under founding conductor Māris Sirmais, assistant (or ex-assistant) conductors Ainārs Rubiķis, Inita Kamarūte, Mārtiņš Ozoliņš & Aivis Greters and former singers Līga Celma, Artūrs Ancāns & Kaspars Ādamsons.
    Tonight's TV broadcast of the concert is now available on the LTV website:
  • Eine Alpensinfonie
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Thanks for the link. On my first attempt there was a buffering problem on the laptop so I'll try it on my desktop computer tomorrow.

Comment

• ardcarp
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

I'd really like to watch/hear that, Gabriel. Have you got any hints about getting it to play? I'm stumped I'm afraid.

Comment

• Gabriel Jackson
        • May 2011

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
        I'd really like to watch/hear that, Gabriel. Have you got any hints about getting it to play? I'm stumped I'm afraid.
        Are you seeing this? "Video ar ieslēgtu reklāmu bloķēšanas programmatūru nav iespējams skatīties. Mēģiniet skatīties šo video ar citu pārlūku, vai atslēdziet reklāmu bloķēšanas programmatūru!" That means turn off ad-blocking or use a different browser

Comment

• ardcarp
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

Thanks Gabriel. A very accomplished choir...and I love the blending sound of the young-ish T&B. No overblown singing here.
          For those who want to hear Gabriel's piece (Gabriels Jacksons in Latvia !) for choir, orchestra and soprano soloist, it forms the 2nd part of the concert. The whole show is atmospherically produced with much attention to dress and costume.

Comment

• Gabriel Jackson
            • May 2011

It's Gabriels Džeksons in Latvian! You might be interested to know that, in addition to the regular twice-weekly rehearsal, they rehearsed for ten hours on the Saturday before the concert, four hours the following day and most of Monday, the day of the concert.

Comment

Working...
            X