X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

I can guess what you've deduced from it, Jean.

Comment

• Magnificat

Originally posted by jean View Post
      Not quite sure what I'm meant to deduce from this observation.
      Jean

Quite straightforward really. Ardcarp said that Truro had laid down a standard for Wells next week. They would have done if Wells were broadcasting its boys ( of the same age range ) and men. You can only compare like with like.

VCC

Comment

• Gabriel Jackson
        • May 2011

Originally posted by Keraulophone View Post
        This year's disc of music by Gabriel Jackson was recorded last term.
        And very good it will be too. The choir was on the best form I've ever heard in those sessions - absolutely fantastic singing.

Comment

• decantor
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Keraulophone View Post
          The parapet is getting a little lower along the south-western approaches.
          My thanks for the reassurance, and the briefing.

I must have listened to Identity a hundred times since it appeared in Soundcloud - it's an astonishing piece of singing. And yes, I stand by what I said about the Allegri's top Eb: a double helping of chips at the least. It's a pity about the webcasts: do you think if I fired off a lick-spittle letter to the Dean...?

Good news about the DVD and CD, though the wait will try my patience. I just hope the CD's track-list doesn't overlap too much with Edinburgh's offering - not that it would affect my enjoyment of both.

Comment

• Gabriel Jackson
            • May 2011

Originally posted by decantor View Post
            I just hope the CD's track-list doesn't overlap too much with Edinburgh's offering - not that it would affect my enjoyment of both.
            Only one overlap - the Truro Service. Otherwise, lots of recording premieres including several pieces written for the choir (one arising from a workshop with the choristers), a couple of pieces with saxophone, an organ piece from The Orgelbüchlein Project & some Westminster (Abbey & Cathedral) commissions.

Comment

• decantor
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Gabriel Jackson View Post
              Only one overlap - the Truro Service. Otherwise, lots of recording premieres including several pieces written for the choir (one arising from a workshop with the choristers), a couple of pieces with saxophone, an organ piece from The Orgelbüchlein Project & some Westminster (Abbey & Cathedral) commissions.
              Thank you, Gabriel. That's good news - except that it makes the eight-month gestation even harder to bear!

Comment

Working...
              X