• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Kampen Boys' Choir

Anyone know anything about this outfit? Mrs A stumbled across this Youtube clip of Stanford in A...strange repertory for a Dutch choir!

• Simon Biazeck

Strange to you, perhaps, but not me. Evensong is very popular in the Netherlands, I'm told. They all speak perfect English too, so it's not unlike a choir whose native tongue is English singing an anthem in German. They recognize the quality of the writing, so why wouldn't they want to sing it? There are clips of Howells's MISSA AEDIS CHRISTI (BCP) from a Netherlands choir on You Tube which was broadcast on TV there! I can't see that happening here.

Comment

• decantor
      • Dec 2010

The Dutch are indeed keen followers of the Anglican choral tradition. The Kampen Boys' Choir is new to me, but the Roderjongenskoor (Roden Boys' Choir) was on tour in the UK at the beginning of this month. Their trip culminated in singing CE at Southwark Cathedral (Stanford in G), and a contact of mine who attended was impressed by their authenticity - that is, their very English sound - and their musical proficiency.

Comment

• DracoM
        Host
        • Mar 2007

Well, they certainly know what they're doing! No hanging about or lingering.

Comment

Working...
        X