X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

I didn't say it WAS the case, just that he seemed to be edging more into suggesting what the probs were. Which I thought a bit of a shame.

Comment

• decantor
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
      I didn't say it WAS the case, just that he seemed to be edging more into suggesting what the probs were. Which I thought a bit of a shame.
      Draco, my antennae are usually ultra-sensitive to any implication that the struggle to recruit and train boys is not worth the candle, but they did not twitch once during the Carwood interview. Where he did highlight difficulties, it was was merely to enlighten his interviewer and audience, who may be unfamiliar with the English system. He also signalled his belief that boys' voices are distinctive, even though he - like many of us - admitted that spotting the distinction is far from easy. But in any case it is surely unlikely that any non-organist would take on the St Paul's post if he were not prepared to fight the good fight for the all-male tradition.

Comment

• Simon Biazeck

Originally posted by decantor View Post
        Draco, my antennae are usually ultra-sensitive to any implication that the struggle to recruit and train boys is not worth the candle, but they did not twitch once during the Carwood interview. Where he did highlight difficulties, it was was merely to enlighten his interviewer and audience, who may be unfamiliar with the English system. He also signalled his belief that boys' voices are distinctive, even though he - like many of us - admitted that spotting the distinction is far from easy. But in any case it is surely unlikely that any non-organist would take on the St Paul's post if he were not prepared to fight the good fight for the all-male tradition.
        Well said!

Comment

• DracoM
          Host
          • Mar 2007

Quot homines etc

Comment

Working...
          X