• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eine Alpensinfonie
    Host
    • Nov 2010

School Choir of the Year 2011

I may have missed earlier references to this, but I've just caught a bit of this on BBC TV by clicking on the relevant Ceefax link. There's some superb singing. Needless to say, there's some distracting choreography too, but it's good to know there are still some secondary schools where quality singing is taken seriously.
  • Magnificat

I only caught snatches of this. They were very good choirs as you say but seemed to be all from independent schools. I may be wrong but most of them certainly were.

Last week's junior school competition did have some State primaries in the final stages which is very pleasing.

VCC

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

Where's this? Totally missed that. A link, please?

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
        Host
        • Nov 2010

No link as far as I know. On BBC Ceefax homepage yesterday (Sunday) there was a link which enabled you to hear 3 school choirs on a loop. There was no explanation.

Comment

• DracoM
          Host
          • Mar 2007

BBC Songs of praise website.
          Arrangements of well-known hymns.
          Worth it to hear a terrific Edinburgh Academy offeriong. Pity we do not get to hear them in other repertoire.

Comment

• ilikewillis

St Aidan's, Harrogate, is a state school.

Comment

• greenilex
              • Nov 2010

Does one gather that linking arms and swaying is strictly forbidden? Or did you mean happy clappy land?

Comment

Working...
              X