X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

I wonder if Radio 3 or some other broadcaster will relay one or other of the performances?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      Well, that gives us all SOMETHING to look forward to!
      Happy New Year, everyone!
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        I wonder if Radio 3 or some other broadcaster will relay one or other of the performances?
        They must surely at the very least record it for future broadcast if not Live.

Comment

• Richard Barrett
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
          Rumours keep appearing - the last such I heard is that they were preparing one in Holland for "next year" (or possibly the year after). I would've thought that for such a massive undertaking, dates that soon would be a little more finalised.
          The dates are indeed finalised:

On this page you can find all information about Dutch National Opera. See the programme, read interviews, discover the latest news and meet our staff.

- it isn't a complete performance (that fell by the wayside at a certain point for the usual financial reasons), but a concentrated dose of components from all seven operas.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
            The dates are indeed finalised:

On this page you can find all information about Dutch National Opera. See the programme, read interviews, discover the latest news and meet our staff.

- it isn't a complete performance (that fell by the wayside at a certain point for the usual financial reasons), but a concentrated dose of components from all seven operas.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
              Ex-member
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              Rumours keep appearing - the last such I heard is that they were preparing one in Holland for "next year" (or possibly the year after). I would've thought that for such a massive undertaking, dates that soon would be a little more finalised.

Meanwhile, whilst we're waiting, of course, there's this:

https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/wh...aus-licht-2019
              Interesting. I'll see if I can get to that. These days Thursday is my favoured work aus Licht, especially the bit around 3.30pm

Comment

• MrGongGong
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                Well, that gives us all SOMETHING to look forward to!
                Indeed
                I wonder if "Roger" will be going along ?

Comment

• Joseph K
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2017

Alex Ross on 'aus Licht' -

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                    Gone fishin'
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post

Comment

• Keith
                      • Nov 2019

Christmas is coming and I was thinking of treating myself to a few items from the Stockhausen Verlag CD catalogue. I wonder if anybody had a few recommendations to help me select. I was thinking of something to help my broaden my knowledge of Licht as this maybe my only way of hearing this music (although there is always hope!) What are the essentials?

Comment

• Joseph K
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                        Christmas is coming and I was thinking of treating myself to a few items from the Stockhausen Verlag CD catalogue. I wonder if anybody had a few recommendations to help me select. I was thinking of something to help my broaden my knowledge of Licht as this maybe my only way of hearing this music (although there is always hope!) What are the essentials?
                        Welcome to the forum - I've glad you've asked this question, since I've wondered about that in the past...

Comment

• Richard Barrett
                          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                          Welcome to the forum - I've glad you've asked this question, since I've wondered about that in the past...
                          I think the best way to hear the LICHT operas is as wholes, even though they were (with the exception of Freitag and to a great extent Montag also) written as detachable units, but that's quite an expensive proposition of course. The highlights for me are:
                          Dienstag - Oktophonie (more convincing in its standalone form than the recording in the box set IMO)
                          Mittwoch - Mittwochs-Gruß, Michaelion
                          Donnerstag - Michaels Reise
                          Samstag - Luzifers Tanz, Luzifers Abschied
                          Sonntag - Lichter-Wasser, Engel-Prozessionen

From the post-LICHT music I especially like Freude and Strahlen.
                          Previous to LICHT there are really too many crucial works to select from. The ones I listen to most often would be Punkte, Gruppen, Carré, Kontakte, Momente (the 1969 version), Mikrophonie I, Mixtur, Hymnen, Stimmung, Aus den sieben Tagen, Spiral (the complete performance by Michael Vetter), Mantra, Sternklang, Trans, Inori.

Comment

• Keith
                            • Nov 2019

Thanks for the suggestions. The electronic musics from Licht look especially tempting so I might go there first.

Comment

• Richard Barrett
                              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                              Thanks for the suggestions. The electronic musics from Licht look especially tempting so I might go there first.
                              Out of those I think Mittwochs-Gruß is the most attractive. Unfortunately there's no separate release of Weltraum, which consists of the Gruß and Abschied from Freitag placed end to end (which also serves as the electronic accompaniment to the main part of Freitag). The only way to hear it on its own is in the box set of the complete opera. I first heard it in the Amsterdam planetarium in the 1990s with the composer taking care of sound projection. I found it alternately beautiful and terrifying.

Comment

• Bryn
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2007

PLEASE SUPPORT THE ARTIST. You can order this music on http://stockhausencds.com/. Thank you!FREITAG aus LICHTOper in einem Gruß, zwei Akten und Abschied (19...

PLEASE SUPPORT THE ARTIST. You can order this music on http://stockhausencds.com/. Thank you!FREITAG aus LICHTOper in einem Gruß, zwei Akten und Abschied (19...

Comment

Working...
                                X