• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Vespare View Post
    It appears possible to buy direct over the internet with PayPal or Debit Card:
    http://stockhausencds.com/
    I missed this important information at the time of its posting, so am nudging it now. Though the CDs are still pricey, at least one does not have to jump through all the hoops one used to.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
      Ex-member
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      I missed this important information at the time of its posting, so am nudging it now. Though the CDs are still pricey, at least one does not have to jump through all the hoops one used to.
      I bought OKTOPHONIE, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday directly over the internet in 2012 and was served by Kathinka Pasveer. I think that this has been possible for some time. Pricey and you don't get librettos, which is really quite outrageous - you can buy them at further cost. The little lot I bought came to nearly £400. I hope they haven't gone up in price too much as I want to get Wednesday and Sunday at some point.

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
        I bought OKTOPHONIE, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday directly over the internet in 2012 and was served by Kathinka Pasveer. I think that this has been possible for some time. Pricey and you don't get librettos, which is really quite outrageous - you can buy them at further cost. The little lot I bought came to nearly £400. I hope they haven't gone up in price too much as I want to get Wednesday and Sunday at some point.
        No sign of either Wednesday or Sunday on the site, as yet.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
          Ex-member
          • Sep 2013

They were available in 2012.

Comment

• Richard Barrett
            • Jan 2016

IIRC they've never been available as complete box sets but only as individual sections.

The "priciness" aspect is of course explained by the fact that the Stockhausen Verlag takes on all the work and costs of producing and distributing the recordings and receives no subsidies towards these things - when you consider the hours that go into making all of this material available the whole thing begins to look a lot more reasonable; and the published librettos are extensive productions in their own right.

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

They were available in 2012.
              Only the five you have are currently listed. Only single disc extracts from Wednesday and Sunday are available.

Comment

• Bryn
                Banned
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
                IIRC they've never been available as complete box sets but only as individual sections.

The "priciness" aspect is of course explained by the fact that the Stockhausen Verlag takes on all the work and costs of producing and distributing the recordings and receives no subsidies towards these things - when you consider the hours that go into making all of this material available the whole thing begins to look a lot more reasonable; and the published librettos are extensive productions in their own right.
                I only have Saturday and Thursday, both in their DG CD manifestation.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                  Ex-member
                  • Sep 2013

Only the five you have are currently listed. Only single disc extracts from Wednesday and Sunday are available.
                  Oh dear, I thought this might happen. I didn't buy Wednesday because I already had the Helicopter quartet and figured it could wait. I didn't buy Sunday there and then because I wanted to give my wallet a breather. Murphy's law!

How they get a single disc extract from Wednesday is beyond me.

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

Oh dear, I thought this might happen. I didn't buy Wednesday because I already had the Helicopter quartet and figured it could wait. I didn't buy Sunday there and then because I wanted to give my wallet a breather. Murphy's law!

How they get a single disc extract from Wednesday is beyond me.

et al.
                    Last edited by Bryn; 04-12-18, 14:23.

Comment

• Richard Barrett
                      • Jan 2016

I don't know what you mean by "extracts" - both can be assembled complete from the following CDs:
                      Wednesday: 66, 51-55
                      Sunday: 58, 67-69, 73, 74

Comment

• Bryn
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
                        I don't know what you mean by "extracts" - both can be assembled complete from the following CDs:
                        Wednesday: 66, 51-55
                        Sunday: 58, 67-69, 73, 74
                        Ah, thanks. Not immediately obvious to those not intimately familiar with the works in question.

Comment

• Richard Barrett
                          • Jan 2016

Ah, thanks. Not immediately obvious to those not intimately familiar with the works in question.
                          Quite so. It would have been nice if these could have been assembled into sets like their predecessors, but I guess there's a limit to what they can do when they're also busy performing, organising the annual Kürten course, supervising performances in opera houses and sending all the products out. But I will make a point of asking about this the next time I see Suzanne.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Does anyone think it possible that an entire performance of "Licht" over a succession of nights will ever be undertaken? Assuming as I am that this has not been done thus far?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                              Gone fishin'
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                              Does anyone think it possible that an entire performance of "Licht" over a succession of nights will ever be undertaken? Assuming as I am that this has not been done thus far?
                              Rumours keep appearing - the last such I heard is that they were preparing one in Holland for "next year" (or possibly the year after). I would've thought that for such a massive undertaking, dates that soon would be a little more finalised.

Meanwhile, whilst we're waiting, of course, there's this:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                                Rumours keep appearing - the last such I heard is that they were preparing one in Holland for "next year" (or possibly the year after). I would've thought that for such a massive undertaking, dates that soon would be a little more finalised.

Meanwhile, whilst we're waiting, of course, there's this:

https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/wh...aus-licht-2019
                                Well, that gives us all SOMETHING to look forward to!

Comment

Working...
                                X